Image Map

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Woman v. Food

I am not a cook, nor have I ever claimed to be one. Even more than that...I simply don't care to cook.

However, more and more I'm feeling the urge to start cooking. Chalk it up to nesting or motherly instinct, I'm not entirely sure, but I'm in the mood. To kick start what I can only hope to be something on-going and not a fluke, I decided to finally try to make Nick's mom's Sicilian marinara and meatballs. A couple months ago, Carol, Brittany and I had our own little cooking class and I figured I would be making this dish often, but hadn't set aside the time to give it a try...until tonight.

After work I stopped by the store to pick up the ingredients I didn't already have and quickly got to work - I had a hungry husband to feed! I actually enjoyed myself- I think because it wasn't that difficult. Once I mixed up all the ingredients for the sauce and put the meatballs in the oven, it was all about waiting for them to cook. And the best part....Nick couldn't stop talking about how good it was! Hmmmm....maybe I will have to give this cooking thing a shot more often.

Ingredients - as if I'm going to give all of them away!

Mashing the meatball mixture!

Meatballs ready to be cooked

Boiling the mostaccioli and mixing the marinara & meatballs

Finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)