Image Map

Monday, July 25, 2011

22 Weeks: What's New...

Due date: November 26th...I'm sticking with this date until my doc tells me otherwise - I'm hoping I will go early and be pleasantly surprised when it happens!

Baby Developments: Little Mango is the size of a papaya - about 11inches long and almost weighs a pound. His lips, eyelids and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny toothbuds beneath his gums.  He is settling into his sleep cycles - snoozing about 12-14 hours a day. I can definitely feel when he's awake, he's been moving and finally kicking like crazy!

Real estate w/in the belly is getting tight and our growing little man is leaving little room for the lungs to breathe. I'm definitely feeling that more & more these days - I get winded after every day activities, let alone a run or physical activity! There's also not much room for my belly button and often this is when they start to pop - I REALLY hope mine doesn't. (This would be a great time for all of you to say a quick little prayer for me!)

Weight gain: 1lb (7lbs total)

Cravings: this week I've been craving Diet Mt Dew like it's going out of style. I know I need to cut back on the caffiene but it is my one major vice right now and it's tough!

Aversions: I'm still not eating a ton of meat but I'm trying to get protein where I can to make up for it.

Symptoms: the leg cramps haven't been as bad this week, but the foot cramps have definitely set in. I get them at least once a day - usually at night when I'm relaxing after work and sometimes in the middle of the night.

I am loving: feeling my ever-growing belly and little man moving around in there.

Sleep: I have no social life, therefore, sleep has been great!

I miss: being able to wear my gym clothes and not having to worry about covering the big bump.

I am looking forward to: our next ultrasound appointment - I'm going to set up the 3D in a couple weeks and can't wait to see what Cruz looks like!

I'm spazzing about: deciding on a nursery theme and colors - I seriously change my mind every day as I find new color schemes. I'm really leaning towards gray, yellow, black and white.

Best moment this week: feeling little man's kicks on the outside of my belly!

Milestones: not entirely related to baby, but I'm pretty impressed that I've been actually doing my weekly status posts at the beginning of the week AND I've been posting pretty regularly. Sadly, this is more than likely because I have no life anymore and I have A LOT of time on my hands these days....

Movement: YES!

It's a...: boy

Exercise: I didn't make it to Lifetime this week but did workout in the basement a bit. Tonight I took Maya for a walk/run and boy did we both need it!

Thirsty Girl

Out of Shape Puggle
Diet: besides the caffiene it's been ok - I ate my fair share of pasta this week after making it last Sunday (Woman v. Food). I brought it to work for lunch a couple times - and it was still really good! Alright, so I have to admit that I made another batch tonight and will be eating it for lunch again this week. I love pasta - the only positive of me eating all of these carbs is I made whole wheat rotini...seriously, this is my justification!

Goals for the upcoming week: schedule appointments with pediatricians. I realize I've had this goal a while back, but I need to get these appointments done and crossed off my list.

Belly shot:
Bump: 22 Weeks
\

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)