Image Map

Monday, July 18, 2011

21 Weeks: What's New....

Due date: over halfway there!!

Baby developments: Little Mango is the size of a banana (I really thought we were done with the produce comparisons...guess not). He weighs 3/4 of a pound and is 10 1/2 inches long. Soon I should feel his constant fluttering turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. Here is what he looks like - (baby at 21 weeks).

Weight gain: 1lb (6lbs total) - the weight is slowly but surely kicking in!

Cravings: I continue to crave bagels & cream cheese, but I've been limiting my consumption. Candy continues to be another culprit - chocolate, gummys, you name it!

Aversions: not necessarily an aversion, but I confirmed I don't like salmon (yet again) after our dinner at Kona tonight. I really wish I liked seafood, but I just don't, no matter how good it's supposedly tastes. However, the Macadamia Nut Chicken was fantastic as always!

Symptoms: I've been getting bad leg cramps in the middle of the night the last couple of weeks. Generally I sleep very soundly, but these cramps have been waking me up - thankfully it only takes a couple minutes or a quick walk around our bedroom for them to go away.

I am loving: I definitely can say I've been enjoying not waking up with a hangover on the weekends while everyone else does! It's a great feeling and I get so much done.

Sleep: good besides the occassional leg cramp and for some reason I have been staying up later than normal these days.

I miss: being able to wear a cute, short dress on girl's night out. Look at all of these hotties in their hot outfits....jealous!

At the Green Onion

I am looking forward to: hearing Cruz's heartbeat at my doctor's appointment tomorrow - it's been one of my favorite parts of the pregnancy, plus now I think I can feel his heartbeat when I touch my belly.

I'm spazzing about: there is still so much to do - nursery, pediatrician, child care, registry...there is definitely not enough time in the day!

Best moment this week: well I had another productive Monday and I feel pretty good about it! Got laundry done, did dishes, picked up the house, vaccuumed the upstairs, finished up some work emails, got a shellac mani (trying to grow my nails out!), moved the spare bedroom furniture down to the other room and ran some errands (had to get some rubbermaid containers for the junk I cleaned out of the closets)....I told you I got a lot done!

Movement: lots of movement this week. I love that I can feel him and it's all throughout the day.

It's a....: boy - my sweet little man!

Exercise: has been a little light this week. I only made it to Lifetime twice and made it downstairs to the treadmill once. Nick tried to talk me into going to the gym last night after work, but I decided to cook us a fattening meal instead...winning!

Diet: I've enjoyed a lot of yummy food this week....all I'm saying.

Goals for the upcoming week:  I would LOVE to get the baby furniture ordered this week, especially since the nursery is cleared out. And I'm going to price laminate floors for the nursery and the entire upstairs....Nick said I could...yay!

Belly shot:

21 weeks - clothed bump...


....and POW: 21 week bump

1 comment:

  1. Look at that cute little bump!!! How exciting to be over half way there to meeting baby Cruz!

    Have you ever tried Zico Coconut Milk? I've been drinking it and it's really helped with my leg/foot cramps. It's packed with more potassium than a banana. I like the pomagranate or lime flavored ones the best.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)