Image Map

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Day in the Life...Of My Diet

A friend of mine has blogged a couple of times about her diet and I figured since I've made it my goal this week (and beyond) to attempt to eat better and to select more healthy items for little Cruzer, I would jot down just exactly what I consume in a day's time. Don't worry, I'm not going to make you read about my diet every day, but do expect to see it periodically on my blog. Also, I feel I should warn you that I some of the items I may eat are not ideal for a pregnant woman and I ask (in advance) that you do not judge me.

  • Breakfast: I actually started my day off with a 1/2 hour on the treadmill - a mix of walking/jogging and did light arms at home. I wanted to go to the gym, but I couldn't stop hitting snooze, so I was stuck with my basement exercise. However, I downloaded Chelsea Handler's new book "Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me" in mere seconds to my iPad this morning to help me get through the treadmill time. She is hilarious! On my way to work, I ate a toasted blueberry bagel w/ light cream cheese and stopped to pick up a Grande Green Tea from Crane Coffee. Points for me, because it wasn't my usual Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte!
  • Crane Coffee hot Grande Green Tea
  • Morning Snack: I was getting hungry by 11:30am so I ate the cottage cheese and peaches I had brought in from home. The picture doesn't do it justice....this is one of my favorite (somewhat healthy) snacks.
  • Roberts 2% Cottage Cheese & Peaches
  • Lunch: Around 1:30pm I had an egg & turkey sausage Lean Pocket. Not the best lunch, but damn are they good!
Lean Pocket Egg & Sausage - made for breakfast but perfect for a quick lunch!
  • Afternoon Snack: I had a bottle of Tropicana Trop50 orange juice during our VP meeting and a banana after we finished the meeting. I REALLY wanted a diet Mt Dew, not juice, but I wouldn't let myself have one....I need to be more cognizant of my caffeine intake.
Perfect mix of yellow & brown
  • Drive Home Snack: my usual a Red Delicious Apple. I prefer to have one in my purse at all times and only like them at room temperature. The cold ones are too much for my sensitive teeth!
Mmm...delicious
  • Dinner: I got home from work around 8pm and quickly made some angel hair pasta and marinara with a couple of pieces of garlic bread. Even Maya got some of the noodles. The best part? I can bring the leftovers to work tomorrow.
Angel hair pasta w/ marinara & garlic bread
  • Water for the Day: I had four bottles of refilled Dasani which means I met my quota for the day, plus I'm bringing one to bed and will more than likely finish it before morning. This is pretty much a record for midweek since usually my liquid consumption is taken over by a venti decaf coffee in the morning and a soda in the afternoon!

It's been interesting documenting what I have eaten throughout the day. Overall pretty good....I would give it a B+. Now let's see if I can keep it up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)