Case in point...
"What if this one does? I might fall off."
"Is it really stinky? I don't want to get stinky."
"Do you think Ace will want to ride with me? Maybe Ace will ride by himself?"
"Mama, I need to make sure I don't do this (mimics kicking a horse to make it trot) because that would be bad if I'm the one who makes the elephant go fast and all the kids fall off."
"How big are elephants? Will this one be as big as the one at the zoo?"
"Maybe it would be better if I watch them from down below."
Me: "Cruz, you don't have to ride the elephant if you don't want to."
"Buuuut mama, I really want to! Why won't you let me? (fake cries)"
Enough circus talk, but staying in line with things in the wild, check out this great cardi I got in my most recent Stitch Fix. I think I'm in love. Not only do I love being able to pair it with jeans and a tank for a casual dinner out, but I am also envisioning it rolled and tied over a maxi this spring or thrown over a pair of leggings. (Don't you just love my mirror in the bedroom selfie with terrible lighting? Yeah, me too. I could never make it as a fashion blogger.)
|Tank // Jeans // Booties|
I wanted to give it another chance, so in January I received another fix. There were three items I was really into as well as a pair of earrings and another pair of skinnies. I ended up keeping an gray asymmetrical wrap cardigan and I absolutely love it - a very functional piece that you can wear with jeans, leggings and yoga pants.
For my most recent Fix and the one I received the above leopard print cardi in, I only kept that one item. And I also got the below, but sent them back for various reasons. In typical Katie fashion, I didn't make time to take any pics when I had the other items in my possession and before I knew it I was getting the notification that I needed to send my items back. So back they went and all you're left with are these silly pictures from the outfit cards they include with every fix, which I love by the way to get their ideas on how to style each item you receive. =)
Again, I only kept the one item, but you know what? I'm doing it again for a couple reasons.
- I love getting surprises on my doorstep each month.
- And checking out different styles they send. Most have been pieces I wouldn't even give a second glance to in the store, so it's fun to try them on and see how they look. Who doesn't love playing dress up?
- You get FIVE different items in each fix and you tell them if you want just clothes or add accessories, shoes, handbags, etc.
- Even if I only end up with one item, it's totally worth it.
- If you end up sending anything back, then you are only out a $20 styling fee (this includes S&H to and fro), but hopefully this will never be the result for me.
- I have yet to keep all five items, but if you do, you get a 25% discount off the total price.
- You can give your stylist feedback on what you liked/didn't like to help them guide your future fixes. Plus, if you want to change your "profile" from weekend casual to dresses for an upcoming wedding, or work pieces, etc, you totally can.
- Did I mention I love getting surprises each month??
Now I'm patiently awaiting my fourth Fix. I changed up my profile and asked for some spring/summer dresses, maxis, midis, etc, for my annual gal pal trip to Scottsdale in April (check out last year's trip here). Can I tell you how excited I am to be thinking about wearing clothes like that again...well, scratch that, I'm just excited to get out of this terribly cold weather we've been having and into the sun with a cocktail in my hand and two of best gals by my side? Really, really excited.
If you haven't checked Stitch Fix out and you want to give it a whirl, feel free to use my referral link. Or don't. Totally up to you. =)
So have you tried Stitch Fix yet? What did you think?
Linking up with the Friday girls - Karli, Amanda and Natasha!