Image Map

Friday, February 6, 2015

It's Friday & A Makeover

Now don't go getting excited. 

I didn't finally get myself a much needed makeover, but this little ol' blog did.


And I have to admit I'm loving it - a huge thank you to Sarah at Social & Chic.  I definitely recommend you check her out if you are in the market for a little refresh.

And while we are talking about the blog, you see those little black circles in the top right in the picture above? I would LOVE it if you clicked on each of those and made sure you were following me on:


(let's be honest I'm a horrible tweeter)




And while you're at it, why risk missing a post....on the right sidebar you can scroll down and sign up for email alerts. That way you won't ever miss a post. And let's be honest here, at the rate my blog posts are going up, you definitely won't feel overwhelmed with emails from me. =)

#shamelessplug

Now that we've got that out of the way...

{ONE}
Maroon 5's new video has been on repeat since my sister told me to check it out last week. If you have n't seen it, you have to check it out. And if you aren't smiling afterwards, like a big cheek to cheek smile...well, then my friend you have some problems. How awesome would it be to have this happen at your wedding? I would go crazy.

via

{TWO}
We all know I'm not a whiz in the kitchen. Obviously. So when I mention a recipe, it's more than likely easy to make and good. And this Mexican Quinoa dish is on repeat with me and Mr Mango these days. It was a part of the Eat Green Challenge I did back in November with Kelli from Sweat Cycle and Soul and she finally posted it on her new blog, so I just had to share it with you all. I whip up a batch and throw it into single serve containers that I can grab and take with me to work....sprinkle a little feta cheese on top and it's even more delicious.



{THREE}
The Wet Brush. My MIL always finds us cool stuff. This is one of those great things she got me for Christmas and I've been loving it since. I also hear it's great for little ladies with sensitive noggins.


{FOUR}
I know I'm a little late to the Fabletics bandwagon, but I'm pretty excited for this outfit below to show up on my doorstep. I mean, that shrug alone is worth it, but what if I told you this entire outfit - shrug, tank and capris - was only $79.95. For you lucky ones who haven't ordered from Fabletics yet, they also offer your first outfit for $25!


I actually ordered this outfit below for my first. Of course it was sold out in certain sizes, but I ordered it anyway and guess what? It didn't fit. I'm bummed too because I loved the top but it was too big. The pants, however, fit very well and were true to size. More like Athleta sizing, not Lulu, if you know what I mean.



{FIVE}
This shirt. Isn't it the cutest? We love a raglan. And even better when it's black & white. And we definitely prefer hugs over drugs around these parts.  Now if only it fit...it's still a tad big so little man hasn't worn it yet, but we are hoping that changes very soon. Especially if we can pair it with all of those other goodies.



Happy weekend!


Linking up with Karli, Amanda and Natasha.

21 comments:

  1. LOVE the new blog design! It looks awesome!
    Hope you have a good Friday and a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEK!! I LOVE the new blog design girl! It looks amazing! I also love the new Maroon 5 song, so good! And I seriously need that entire Fabletics outfit! I haven't ordered from them yet but you definitely made me want to... those pants are awesome! Happy Friday girl!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new design!!! The wet brush looks great.brushing my hair after showers hurts because its all tangled...
    Happy Friday Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the wet brush! have reviewed on the blog before and loved it so much i bought them for stocking stuffers!! loving the new design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new look, Katie! It's awesome! Happy Friday, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new design is FAB! That Mexican quinoa sounds delish too - you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the new design, lady! Super pretty and bright and fun!

    I'm late to the fabletics train too, I'm deciding on my first outfit, woohoo!!! I honestly can't wait for Carrie Underwood's line, Calia, to come out too.

    Tell me more about the Wet Brush, please!!1

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new layout - it's so perfect!! I love the outfit you're getting from fabletics - going to look amazing on you! Hope you have a great weekend girl! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay I love the blog's new do! I'm all about stalking other blog's and their fab designs. I kind of want that baseball tee for myself - it's perfect!! Your son is the best dressed boy on the internets. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. girlfriend...you always find the best stuff. and do you find that lulu runs small? because i'm an 8 in their running pants...hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE mexican quinoa… now you have me wanting to make it!! And you so do not need a makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yellow Mango Life is looking GOOD! Love the new layout!! And I keep hearing so many great things about that Wet Brush - I need to pick one up already! Happy Friday pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the look of your blog! That Sugar video I heard was staged, (Raina from ANTM is one of the brides...idk if it's actually her or not! Conspiracy theories are fun to read.)
    Beardy Heart Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK. I was SO CLOSE to buying an Fabletics outfit the other day. What's the quality like? Do you like it??

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's the cutest little outfit for your little man! Im a new mom and having so much fun styling my little girl too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where did you get that 'hugs not drugs' shirt? I have to get that for one of my friends for her lil' guy. On the first date of her and her husband, when he dropped her off...he wasn't sure if she should kiss her or not..so he said 'hugs not drugs' and gave her a hug. We joke about it all the time so this would be perfect for their lil' guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to remember and get one of those wet brushes. I keep hearing about them, and think they'd be great to throw in our summer bag, for when my girls are done swimming. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your new blog design! Mexi quinoa salad sounds amazing, and that shirt is freaking adorable! :)

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the make over!!! The blog is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The WET brush is definitely a must have for any one who has HAIR! Love that thing! Works great on my 2 year old nieces rat nest to!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)