Image Map

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Treating Myself

I talked the hubs into joining little man and I on a trip to the mall earlier this week. Partly to spend some time with him and our little family, but also because I know if he is at a mall with me, I will not spend like crazy.

Except, on the way there I decided I was going to make a bit of a purchase for myself. I have been eyeing this gold Michael Kors chronograph watch for months...I usually don't allow myself to pine over something for months and generally just buy it, but for some reason I never took the plunge...until Monday. I had some money from getting second place in Fantasy Football {ok, let's be honest, it was $40 but I just like mentioning the fact that I won money in Fantasy Football this year!} but I also had some Von Maur gift cards from a family friend from Christmas that I hadn't spent yet. Generally I would spend these GCs on perfume, clothes or shoes, but I had gotten a ton of perfume for Christmas and, let's face it, as far as shoes and clothes go, I will just buy when I want something.

So we beelined for the jewelry section and there was my watch. It was gorgeous. I tried it on and loved it even more. It felt very Carrie Bradshaw buying a pair of Manolos {in her earlier days} when I was passing over my $40 cash, two Von Maur gift cards and then my debit card to cover the rest, but who cares, it all spends the same. The salesperson took a couple links out and then it was mine. Yay!

I think C even loved checking out the gorgeous watches...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)