Image Map

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Not Again...


A couple weeks ago, I met the girls to see Hunger Games - we'd all read the books and were so excited to see the movie together. We met at Village Pointe where I proceeded to fill my arms with popcorn and a large diet Mt. Dew {I had saved all of my day's caffeine points for the massive bucket-o-soda that movie theaters are so famous for}. Someone had mentioned the filming was a bit all over the place but I didn't anticipate any issues....until midway through the movie I started getting really hot {sweating, almost} even though the temp in the theater was cool. Then my head started spinning and I felt like I needed to throw up. During the scenes in the movie where the filming was shaky, I had to look away from the screen, until finally I couldn't hold it and had to high tail it to the bathroom where I proceeded to throw up all of the popcorn delicious-ness right there in the movie theater toilet. Flashbacks of my pregnancy flooded my mind and I recalled spending many movie theater dates with the hubby in this same position.

I ended up having to throw up again after the movie had ended and fear flashed through my mind as I tried to think of a reason I was sick {since I NEVER get sick like that}, unless...it meant I was preggo. No way, no chance. I wasn't going to be one of those girls who just had a baby and gets knocked up again within the first few months of having a newborn {not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just not my cup of tea}. Once I got home, I plucked a pregnancy test from the cabinet, did my business and proceeded to stare at that little stick until slowly but surely only one faint pink line appeared. Whew.

I chalked it up to being a one-time thing and went about my life, until last week when I had to fly to St. Louis for work. I'm one of those weird people who love to fly. I love getting packed, driving to the airport and enjoying one of Omaha's best Bloody Mary's from the airport bar, getting a chance to read on the flight {a precious moment these days} and arriving to a new destination...I just LOVE to travel. However, I wasn't so fond of traveling this time around. Midway through the flight, I got really warm, my head started spinning AND I felt like I needed to throw up. I was miserable the entire flight, plus the guy next to me decided he needed to try and talk to me the whole way, regardless of how interested I pretended to be with my book. Unfortunately I had a connection through Chicago {yes, what should've been a one hour flight turned into three because I booked late} and when we were in the air en route to St. Louis...it hit me again. "Oh.my.God. Get me off this plane" was running through my head. Fortunately I didn't actually throw up, but I was darn close a couple of times.

After I checked into the hotel, I was talking to the hubby about my experience and he told me I had motion sickness. No way, not me. Until I started thinking about things and it became clear that I did in fact have motion sickness - first at the movie and then on the two flights. I swear, pregnancy really did take a toll on me...not only am I battling the belly bulge left over from 9 months of growing our gorgeous baby boy, but now I've got motion sickness to boot! All I can say is that little man is lucky he's adorable, otherwise I would be re-thinking this whole preggo thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)