Image Map

Thursday, May 10, 2012

New Obsession

So only I would dedicate an entire post to Taco Bell. And only I would consider food an obsession. Seriously, I've got problems.

I believe the geniuses at Taco Bell have finally converted their last nay-sayer. For years, I wouldn't be seen in a Taco Bell and held a very strict stance against fast food Mexican joints {yes, while every person I knew in college would hit up the local Amigo's after a night of drinking, I was happy as a clam with my A&W french fries}. I just simply didn't care for fast food Mexican. It always seemed greasy, mushy and gross. Maybe at the time I didn't give it the chance it deserved because all I can say is that it's my new favorite fast food restaurant {that is if I'm not counting Jimmy John's as fast food - even though it is, in fact, freakishly fast}.

I finally discovered that you can actually eat reasonably well at Taco Bell, and with my new Mexican food obsession these days - it's edging incredibly close to my love for Italian food -  I've never been happier.  My meal of choice - two soft-shell fresco chicken tacos. Each one has only 150 calories and 3.5 grams of fat. If you're looking for a quick, low-cal meal from a drive-thru, you're not going to get much better. That is, as long as you can make it through the ordering process without replacing one of the frescos with a Chalupa. Damn, will power - where are you when I need you!


This was especially good today after having one too
many glasses of vino last night





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)