Image Map

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Time Has Come...

I cannot believe that it's almost been 8 weeks and my maternity leave will soon be over...the best way to describe the way I'm feeling is devastated. I do not want to leave my little guy. I have absolutely loved having the past seven weeks off from work, being able to spend every day with Cruz and getting to know this amazing little man. I'm scared that I'm going to miss so many milestones in his life as he continues to grow and especially now as he is just starting to show his personality. I don't want to miss his first real smile, when he discovers how to use his hands, when he starts to "talk."

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a good thing for both Cruz and myself to have some time apart. Cruz will be spending time at an excellent school {Primrose School of Legacy} where he will get to interact with other babies, where they will actually teach him instead of just watch him and quite honestly where he will have some time with other adults instead of just Nick & I. And I will be able to get back into the swing of things at work, have some adult conversation and not have to feel so stressed out because I'm missing meetings, calls and important parts of my new role at work.

The good news is that we were able to get Cruz into school earlier than we anticipated {it was supposed to be February 13th}, but I can tell you that I'm dreading Tuesday morning when we have to drop him off for an entire day and for the first time....wish me luck {and for Nick's sake, pray that I can keep my emotions in check over the next week because today was sure a big fail...}

2 comments:

  1. Oh Katie, I'll be honest. It does SUCK BIG TIME but it does get easier each week. I was worried about missing milestones too and so far it hasn't really been an issue. It's taken Tory a few days/attempts to master anything so you'll catch some of Cruz' efforts in laughing, smiling, rolling over, etc. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help your transition back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather - I know you just had to go through this...it's just tough to think about it. I don't want to leave him....and I have to say I'm quite jealous that you're able to spend most of the week at home with Tory...I bet that is so nice! We'll see how Tuesday goes... :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)