Image Map

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Banning Resolutions

I promised myself I wouldn't make any resolutions this year.  I have NEVER kept one in my entire life and I don't know why I would change this year.

{Remember this little venture? Exactly.}

If I had made a resolution it would've been to get my butt organized, run more, work out 3-5 times a week, eat better, etc. And I would have failed miserably and it's only January 11th. I did not work out once this past week, unless you count the "leg lifts" I did when C was playing "tunnel" earlier this week.

I swear I had potential in the beginning. The year started off right. I got in a jog on New Year's Eve to prep for the Commitment Day run on 1/1.  It was cold, but I was excited that the trail around Lake Zorinsky was somewhat "runnable," except for the pile of snow I had to hike over.


After a late night at work on NYE, I woke up early for the Commitment Day run {all by my lonesome because everyone else I knew got to enjoy a night out with cocktails! Except you, Morgan, sorry girl.} and checked my phone...burrr.


I tugged on my cold weather gear, especially excited to give my new beanie a whirl {got it at Scheels a couple weeks prior} and drove downtown for the race. There were approx 400 other suckers out there ready to run it with me...and thankfully once we got started running, I wasn't shaking cold any longer. The race went quick and I finished in the top 10 of the girls, which is good enough for me, even if all the other people were more than likely hung over.





Best part of the morning:
The secret pics I took of the two girls doing the walk of shame from some dude's apartment that same morning...and they had to eventually walk through all of the 400 race participants in their fancy "club clothes" to get where they were going....best.thing.ever.



Here's to resuming some form of normalcy in my life and getting back to my workout routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)