Image Map

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Gift Giving

I am loving personalized gifts these days. Whether it be pottery made with little man's footprints, ornaments stamped with his hands, or some amazing finds on Etsy that can fit any gift-giving reason - I'm all about 'em. And I've actually been ahead of the game this Christmas (this is new for me, folks) on a few presents for the grandparents, godparents and his daddy made with love by Cruz...and I think they will LOVE them.

And what I love more than creating these fun gifts, is receiving them (just a smidgen more...oh, who am I kidding I love gifts!). One of the gifts we received for little man's birthday was one of the most meaningful we've received. Please don't take this as us not being appreciative of ALL the amazing and thoughtful gifts that Cruz got for his birthday and over this past year, but this one truly meant so much to ME. Cruz's aunt Morgan took the time (and we are talking about hours here) to take all of Cruz's weekly and monthly posts from this blog as well as other major milestones from his first year and made them into a photo book, complete with all of the details I had spent so much time writing out.

I couldn't help but tear up when she brought it over. It is SO special.

I've been meaning to make time over this past year to create a book from all of my preggo blog posts - the weekly updates, special feelings I had when I was pregnant, the overall experience - but I just have never made the time to sit down and do it. To receive one with all of the amazing memories from Cruz's first year just really means so much. Look at how gorgeous it is...(please don't mind the iPhone photography).






And now, it makes me even more excited to announce that this auntie of Cruz's and uncle Ross - the ones who have been trying so hard over the past year (give or take) - are EXPECTING a little Gardner!!! Yes! Little man is going to have another cousin and we couldn't be happier for them.

Of course, the way they announced it to our side of the family was so creative (and personalized!) - Morgan and Ross were playing with Cruz on Black Friday while we were all over at Nanu & Grammy's for the holiday. We were all talking, watching TV, playing games and they brought Cruz downstairs and put him in the middle of the room, wearing this....

"A cousin in the oven!"
How stinkin' cute!! Needless to say we were all so shocked and excited for them!

The expectant parents & little man


4 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! So happy it's official!!!! And I am so glad you like the book!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are just so excited for you guys!! This is going to be a great time for you guys! :)

      Delete
  2. oh wow, how SUPER and EXTREMELY thoughtful!!! that is awesome and, i LOVE that little shirt "a cousin in the oven!"

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)