Image Map

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Careful What You Wish For

I have to say the title is extremely fitting for me this week. In my weekly update, you recall that I mentioned that I hadn't gained any weight for the last four weeks and I was a bit concerned. While I haven't necessarily weighed myself to verify this, I would bet anything I've gained weight this week. I feel as though this baby has grown five pounds and there is absolutely no room in my stomach for him to move around. He is punching and kicking like crazy and constantly moving. I've had cramps and I'm simply just uncomfortable. The last couple of nights have been very difficult to get comfortable and get some sleep.

And the leg cramps....it's not the wake-me-up-with-shooting-pain kind. Instead its the restless-leg-can't-get comfortable-no-matter-how-many-positions-I-try kind. I believe they call them Restless Leg Syndrome, but whatever it is, it's extremely bothersome when you're trying to sleep.

I knew this would be happening soon - all of the baby updates I get on a weekly basis have talked about difficulty sleeping due to all of these factors and more, but I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones that wouldn't go through it.....wishful thinking I guess and pairing that with the fact that I normally can fall asleep at the drop of a hat and sleep steady through the night.

Oh well...I guess this just means that I'm getting closer to his arrival and I should be happy that he is growing and moving well (which I am). And this blog was intended to be used as a forum to spout off my feelings...even when they are whiney like this post. (Sorry to all of you reading this....but I needed a moment to whine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)