Image Map

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Baby Shower: Emerson

Last weekend, my beautiful sisters hosted a Baby Shower for me and Lil Mango at our church fellowship hall back in Emerson. It was a gorgeous day and they were so creative in decking the place out. Many of my mom's friends, Nick's mom's friends and some of my Emerson friends were in attendance - it was so great catching up with all of them and talking all things baby.

The sisters planned a couple of games - a memory game where I walked around with a tray of baby stuff for the guests to memorize and then told them there would be questions about the stuff they had to remember....only when I walked out of the room, they switched it up and the guests had to answer questions about me, what I was wearing, etc. They also filled out a sheet of well wishes and hopes for Cruz, which was super cute and fun to read later that night. After games, we broke into the desserts where they had ALL of my favorites - chocolate covered strawberries, lemon bundt cake from Nothing Bundt Cake, Hostess cupcakes, Raisinettes, pumpkin bars...I was in a sugar comma for the rest of the night!

Sign in table

Table decor - Tessa made the Cake Pop centerpieces

Desserts!

Head table (note my bowl of candy!) + gift table
Jen + Dayvie greeting guests

DeLaney - 10 months old

Tessa's onesie creations - super cute!

Posing with my delicious cake

Gift time - the kids were big helpers

They loved the lights and sounds on this toy!

Nick's mom made this onesie from the same fabric she
used for Nick's onesie when he was born - so neat!

Aaysen decided he was done wearing clothes....and stripped down

Mama + I

The Grandmas!

Grandma Carol + I (her first grandbaby!)

Tessa + Jen's poofs - brought a lot of color to the room!

With the party hostesses - Ash, Jen, Heather + Tessa

Funny faces with the kiddos - just missing Sophia

Tessa w/ her kiddos

Earlier that week I had gotten a couple of other gifts for the little guy - our Cedar Rapids friends found the cutest Hawkeye onesie and hat. Can't wait to get him in this....maybe for the Hawkeye v. Husker game on 11/25!



Our neighbor, Sydney, makes these great fabric letters personalized for his room - they are going to look great above his crib and are so cute! I love the different fabrics - the colors will definitely add a pop in the nursery!

Letters for his room

As we get closer, I'm very thankful for all of the thoughtful gifts that we've received - I continue to realize that Lil Mango will be one lucky little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)