Image Map

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

33 Weeks: What's New...

Due date: November 21st (7 weeks away)

Baby developments: Lil Mango is the size of a honeydew - he weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He may grow a full inch this week and his brain is developing like crazy. Soon he will be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. His bones are hardening and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move slightly, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. This is so crazy to me...

Weight gain: 0 lbs - I've actually lost a pound or so according to the scale, but I attribute that to my recent bout with the flu (14 pounds total pregnancy).

Cravings: apples and sweets

Aversions: everything, if you asked me yesterday. I haven't had anything but water, chicken broth and 7-up since my stomach still isn't 100% after vomitting for 12 hours starting Sunday night at 8pm and continuing through yesterday morning. I'm finally getting an appetite back and we will see how lunch goes down today.

Symptoms: slight discomfort is starting to settle in late into the night as I settle down. Even the tried-and-true sleeping on my left side doesn't work any longer. I'm definitely losing real estate in my belly and it's taking it's toll on my sleeping.

Constant bathroom breaks are also a culprit and continue to become more frequent as this little guy gets bigger and takes up more space.

Sleep: I've been sleeping less than normal due to the discomfort and bathroom breaks. It didn't help that I stayed up way past my bedtime Saturday night and didn't have a chance to recover Sunday night because I was sick.

I miss: not having to work around this big belly and being able to get up from bed without having to hoist myself up! And I mean hoist, it's usually a one leg in the air and swinging it down to pull my upper body out of bed. BUT it's obviously all for a great reason and I wouldn't change it for the world.

I am looking forward to: my first baby shower this weekend back in Emerson and our trip back for Nick's dad's Hall of Fame induction at Wayne State College.

I'm spazzing about: running out of time...there is SO much that needs to be done and time is getting away from me. And even though we quit our classes we are still going to fit in the hospital tour and the New Parent Class, but since Nick is going out of town later this month on a poker trip, I'm not sure where it will fit in.

Best moment this week: two really great things - Nick & Chris' surprise birthday party on Saturday night (I'm so glad the lying is over!) and my new car (here)!

Movement: he's moving constantly which is such a great feeling....I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I couldn't feel him kicking, punching and just moving all over. It's going to be so weird when he's out of my belly and in my arms.

Milestones: 7 weeks away from our due date. I had a doctor's appointment this morning and all is measuring and looking fine. My doctor even squashed my fears about not gaining weight the last couple of weeks and said Lil Mango is growing just fine, so there is nothing to be concerned about. His little heart beat is SO loud - I love the point in the appointment when she lets me hear him!

It's a...: baby boy

Exercise: good this week - had a couple runs and walks, but didn't do much lifting.

Diet: same - this has been reasonably good with a handful of sweets thrown in here and there.
Goals for the upcoming week: try to get more sleep. I need to recover from this crazy last week.

Belly shot:

33 Week Bump

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)