Image Map

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Some of My Preggo Favorites: Clothing

Through my pregnancy there have been a few staples in my wardrobe that I would recommend to any future preggo mamas-to-be:

Express Bra Top Tanks - I wore these prior to becoming pregnant as layering tanks or around the house and they have made it well through my pregnancy and I'm still wearing them well into my 8th month. They are stretchy, comfortable and the bra top is great as well. I highly recommend these, plus they come in many great colors and I think I almost have them all....black, white, pink, gray, yellow, blue, red.

Express Bra Top Tanks

Adidas Climalite Yoga Pants - these stretchy pants have been as much of a staple as the Express tanks, whether lounging around the house, during workouts and as most of you have seen in my weekly updates "bump" shots.

Belly Bands from A Pea in the Pod - my MIL picked these up toward the beginning of the pregnancy and I wasn't so sure I would use them that much. How wrong was I? These bad boys have been pretty handy as I've stayed away from buying maternity work pants/suits as much as I could. I have been able to wear my pre-preggo work pants throughout the pregnancy - all you need to do is leave them unbuttoned/zipped and slip one of these over your pants and belly and - voila! - comfy work pants that stay up throughout the day. Just keep them away from your hubby - he doesn't take well to the belly-band-without-a-shirt look!



Maternity Leggings from A Pea in the Pod - majorly comfortable (though all leggings are comfy) and handy as my belly continued to grow. I highly recommend the "over the belly" maternity stretchy-thing, not the one that only goes halfway up the belly because you aren't able to see the band through your shirt.



 Mavi Skinny Maternity Jeans from A Pea in the Pod - I didn't want to spend a ton on a pair of maternity jeans, but I finally caved and got a pair and have gotten my use out of them. I haven't worn Mavi before, but since this was one of the few "designer" brands that they had at our Pea in a Pod, there weren't many choices. I could've bought a pair online, but figured I wanted to be able to try them on and not have to wait for them to arrive and possibly ship them back if they were the wrong size.



Liz Lange Tanks from Target - in addition to the tanks that I had from Express in my wardrobe prior to pregnancy, these have been a great addition after I got pregnant. They have just the right amount of stretch in the belly and whether I'm wearing them around the house or over my leggings w/ a jacket or cardigan - these are an item in my wardrobe that I've gotten a lot of use out of and they are inexpensive. They come in black, white and gray.


Maxi Dresses - these got me through the summer and I'm forever indebted to them. Maxis had been worked into my pre-pregnancy wardrobe for a couple years, but became one of THE main items during my pregnancy. Comfort was a necessity as my body was changing through the summer - whether it was casual or dressy - and I was just not interested trying to squeeze into jeans or pants if I didn't have to. I will admit I got a little tired of them as of late, but I'm more than willing to throw one on with a jacket to get me through.


I had been going through my closet and thought I'd share what worked well for me. Hard to believe that it's coming to an end and will soon be time for me to bust my butt to get back into normal clothes again!

3 comments:

  1. I just new creative ways to make maternity clothes cute and stylish at the same time. I found more here extra long maternity jeans

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS! I love the skinny jean idea. I'll be linking to this.
    cute maternity jeans

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again.
    Tshirt

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)