Image Map

Monday, October 1, 2012

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

Another Link Up to "From Mrs to Mama" - all about my favorite things:


1.  Tell us about five favorite memories in your life.
How do I limit it to just five...but here goes...

November 13, 2011 - Cruz's birth
This was by far the happiest day of my life...its the day that I learned a different kind of love for this little person the hubby and I created together. My first memory of him is of him grabbing Nick's finger and squeezing it just seconds after he was born. The look on Nick's face and the tears streaming down our faces were evidence of a love unconditional.

October 11, 2000 - The day that started it all.
It's hard to believe that the hubby and I have been dating since Oct 2000 and married for three years. I'm not going to sugar coat it because it's not always easy, but I'm so fortunate to have met this man. He is truly the only person for me and I love him more than words can say.

March 2008 - Cabo San Lucas
I love this for two reasons. 1) it was the trip we got engaged. 2) but more so it was the best vacation I've had in my life. Not necessarily the location - although Cabo was gorgeous, there are many other places that I can't wait to vacation - but it was just the hubby and I on this trip. We got to spend uninterrupted time with each other, met some great people, relaxed and enjoyed every bit of this time together. It was a true vacation - not one that you come back from and feel you need time to recover.

September-December 2003 - Life in New York City
I will never forget the four months I spent living in Manhattan and my time interning for Madison Square Garden and the New York Knicks. I feel I became more of my own person - living on my own in this massive, foreign city, but I will never forget the experiences I had and the people I met.

December 24th (many years when I was younger) - Christmas Eve w/ my family
Christmas Eve with my immediate family is a favorite memory of mine. This was before boyfriends came over, any of us were married or had children and it was just the seven of us spending time together - eating, opening presents and best of all us five kids spending the night in the big bedroom playing glow in the dark catch, telling stories, listening for mom & dad putting our presents under the Christmas tree. I love this time with my family.


2. Show us three of your favorite beauty products.
                 Prevent                                     Conceal                                                 Bronze

Proactiv - I'm just giving up my secrets here, but yep I get zits.  I never had many issues UNTIL my adult life and then BAM! breakout city. I tried EVERYTHING my dermatologist recommended and finally discovered this amazing product. I should be like Jessica Simpson doing a commercial of my problems, because it wasn't pretty.

Dior Concealer - I was also graced with my gorgeous mama's deep, dark circles. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get, they are there. I'm also not able to be one of those girls who can leave the house without make-up, I just can't - it would be like Night of the Living Dead. As long as I have a little concealer, I'm at least good to go. And this stuff is the best I've found.

Victoria's Secret Beach Sexy Self Tan - this stuff is the bomb. I can't lie, I'm a tanning bed girl, but in my old age I'm trying to limit my exposure, but I still want the tan look. I've tried every sunless tanner out there (Clinique, Clarins, Loreal...) and this one by far is the easiest (read: foolproof/no streaks) to apply, smells the best and lasts the longest.  Bonus: my SIL found it on mega sale last year and got me 8 tubes for way cheap.

 3. Tell us what your favorite TV shows are to watch.
Wow, I'm really divulging all the embarrassing stuff about myself here - TV is my guilty pleasure and I watch some ridiculous shows.

Shark Tank - someday I will invent/create something that will be featured on that show and make me millions.

Sons of Anarchy - newest infactuation. I realize I don't seem like the type of girl to be fascinated over a show about a biker gang, killer, drug running, but this show rocks. Start from the first season and you'll be hooked.

HGTV: House Hunters, Property Brothers, Income Property, etc - people are so dang creative and talented. I love to feel worse about my lack of creativity by watching these types of shows and pretending I'm going to take their ideas and use them on my own home.

Real World, the Challenges, Teen Mom on MTV - I get sucked in every single time. (perhaps because we didn't have MTV growing up. I suppose I can blame my parents?)

Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor Pad - who doesn't love girls catfighting to find the man of their dreams?

Friends & SATC re-runs - the two best.shows.ever. hands down.


4. Show us two of your favorite pictures.



Makes me smile every.single.time.

My family - I'm the luckiest girl in the world

5. Tell us your favorite thing to do during "me" time.

Go for a run - this has quickly become one of my favorite things to do. A time where I can clear my head, think about anything, get my workout in and enjoy the outdoors. Sometimes it's just hard to find the time to do it between working full time, raising a little one and doing all of the other "life" chores that need to get done.

Read - I have always loved to read and that hasn't changed, the time I have available to do so, has though. One of my favorite things is cuddling up with a book, a glass of wine and just laying on the couch getting lost in a book.

Go shopping - this is a favorite of mine whether I'm alone, with little man, with family/friends...this girl just LOVES to shop. And it doesn't matter if it's a mall, boutique, Target, online, grocery shopping or at the pharmacy - I don't discriminate when it comes to shopping!

Blog - it's been about a year and a half since I started this blog and I've absolutely loved writing it. Not only as a place where I've documented my pregnancy, the first year of little man's life and my life in general - but it's a place where I've documented so many memories and frustrations and loves.

Reading Blogs, Shopping Etsy, Searchinig Pinterest - there are SO many creative people out there...I love to live through them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)