Image Map

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Stooping To A New Low

It's official...if I didn't think it before, I definitely feel it now - this little 22lb 8oz monster officially rules the roost around here.

I've heard of people who have to take their children on car rides to get them to sleep or nap...even my own sister had to try this move often with her three kiddos to get naps when one or all weren't cooperating. I figured that someday I would have to do this, but never did I think it would happen so soon.

However, tonight they hubby and I, both very tired from the weekend's festivities and planning our glorious slumber as soon as we could get little man down had to stumble bleary-eyed to the car in our PJs, strap Cruz into his car seat, climb into the car ourselves and drive around until he finally closed those pretty little blue eyes.  Otherwise, he just would not go to sleep. We pulled out every trick in our small, but impactful, arsenal and nothing.

The baby whisperer (aka the hubby) did his signature lay down move, I tried to walk/bounce/pat him while singing in my terrible alto voice (although I think little man adores my off-key sounds), we pulled out the sippy cup filled with Pedialyte, pacifiers, teethers, you name it. We even tried letting him "play" himself to sleep. Nothing. Nada. Both of us were basically pulling our hair out by this point.

So after a couple trips around the neighborhood, we had a sleeping baby.  Once we pulled into the driveway, I carefully and quietly unstrapped him and cradled him straight into his nursery. He is still asleep as I'm typing this....please, oh please, let it stay that way all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)