Image Map

Monday, September 10, 2012

Oh Baby

Another Link Up from "From Mrs. To Mama" and this is a fun one!


1. Tell us your favorite baby names? Aside from your own babies, if you have some.
In college I was set on Jackson for a little guy and Sophia for a girl, but those had become so popular that I knew I couldn't name our guy one of those (though I still love them). For a little guy, I love Cruz (of course), Madden and Oscar. For a girl, Giada (Gia, GiGi for short), Jameson, Kherington, Gisele and Luca (I know it means Luke in Italian, but I prefer it for a girl).

2. Show me your "dream" nursery {can be your baby's nursery or one that you love}.
There are so many nurseries I love out there...people are so creative. I do have to post the one nursery I love the most right now which is the one we did up for our little guy. Every time I walk into this room, I get a little smile on my face. All of the hard work was worth it!





3. How many children would you like to have? How far apart?
Years ago I would've told you three, but I think the hubby and I have agreed that two will fit us best. We've got our little man and all we need to complete our family is a little baby girl :) I mean, it has to be boys against girls and balanced, right??  I hear a couple years apart is good and seems to make sense. I want to enjoy Cruz before thinking about getting preggers again anytime soon.

4. Tell us what you think the importance of parenting is?
Wow...there are so many things that are important about being a parent. First off, loving them unconditionally, no matter who they are, what's important to them and what they become. Letting them be themselves and not smothering them or trying to change them into someone you want them to be, but guiding them along the way. Instilling good manners and behavior in them - teaching them to be nice to everyone, give others a chance and don't judge. Not accepting bad behavior such as bullying, name-calling, etc. Helping them understand that everyone is different, but people who aren't just like us can teach them so much. Raising them in a happy home with loving parents. It's crazy to sit back and think about how important being a parent is...

5. Show us your favorite newborn photo {can be your children or random}
It's definitely got to be pics of our little guy. He's so awesome and we have been so blessed with him...hard to believe these were taken just a few months ago...I feel like he's been with us forever.
First pic of our family (lots of tears had been shed for that little guy)

Our puggle checking him out for the first time

6.  Tell us some things you promise to never do as a parent {and if you are a parent, did you stick to it}
Hmm...this is hard to remember what I thought I would never do as a parent since becoming one not too long ago. I guess I had promised myself that I would never put our little guy into corny cartoon pajamas...BUT some of them are actually cute! I suppose I've said that I'm not going to let my child be glued to the TV, technology, iPads, you name it and we would set times for them to experience these things, but not let them miss out on the outdoors and other fun because they HAVE to play games, watch certain shows, etc. BUT I'm realizing I will be changing my tune and already have in some ways. Cruz absolutely LOVES The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and I have to say there are times when I have to get ready in the mornings and I'm running late that I stick him in front of the TV so I can get finished up. Is that so bad??
This is his "I'm watching Mickey Mouse face"


2 comments:

  1. stopping by from the link up

    loving the grey and yellow nursery, so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on another blog :) my son has the same face while watching mickey! Its my only time i have 30 mins to get ready/something done around the house!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)