Image Map

Monday, August 6, 2012

If Only I Had A Brain

I have no idea how I can do some of the silly things I do. Seriously, I am a relatively smart woman, but I can be so stupid (and I mean that in the nicest way about myself).  Case(s) in point...

On our recent Las Vegas trip, I absentmindedly left my carry on bag in the taxi cab. That I didn't have the name of. In a city of a million taxis. Luckily, and I do mean luckily, we called a few of the major cab companies and begged them to send a message to their cabbies over dispatch. With each hour we waited, I just knew I would never see my iPad or my work documents ever again. But then three hours later I received a call that our cabbie had turned in my items. Hallelujah!

A couple weeks ago, at the Angels Among Us golf outing, my mom, Tessa, Janice, Carly and I had formed a five-some golf team. We had a blast! A little golf and a lot of drinking and gossip...just like us girls do. However, around hole 12, I was on my iPhone answering some work emails...and didn't realize it was my time to tee off until I was informed by my fellow golfers to "leave work alone!" I set my iPhone on the seat of my cart and hit what I'm sure was an excellent shot that landed smack dab in the middle of the fairway. We all took off and around hole 15, I was looking around in my cart for my phone to check my emails...and it was no where to be found. We searched and retraced our steps, but couldn't find anything. I definitely put a damper on our fun day of golf after that...

And last Thursday, I was doing laundry after Cruz's weekend with the grandparents and my time in KC and Las Vegas. I threw my bikinis in the sink for a quick handwash, turned on the water and then headed to my room to round up clothes for the washer. A little over five minutes later, I was rounding the corner of the hallway to the laundry room and noticed water on the hallway floor and heard the sound of water still running and running it's way over the side of the sink and all over the bathroom and hallway floor. You.Have.Got.To.Be.Kidding.Me. I cannot believe I had forgotten I left the water running and it was everywhere. I wiped up what I could and noticed it was still leaking from a cabinet, so I pulled it open only to find that it was completely full of water and that had dripped down into the towels below it. Approximately 1/2 hour and 52 towels later, I had cleaned the entire mess up. I wish I would've had thought to get a quick pic of this disaster, because it was actually quite comical, now that it's over and cleaned up....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)