Image Map

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sleep Is An Amazing Thing

Cruz slept nine hours straight last night...I repeat, NINE hours. I could hardly believe it when I woke up at 5am and the little guy was still sleeping. Then I thought maybe Nick had woken up with him and somehow I hadn't heard them. I shook Nick awake, "did you get up with Cruz already?"

His sleepy reply, "no, what time is it? Does he need to get up?"

"No, he's still sleeping. But if you haven't gotten up with him and I know I haven't, that means he's already slept 8 hours straight. Wow, I can't believe it," I said.

"Well don't wake him up now with all your talking." 

To myself: {Thanks, buddy. Obviously I wasn't trying to wake up my sleeping son, I was simply sharing my amazement that he was still asleep and hadn't been up yet during the night.}

I fell back asleep and finally woke up to little man's congested coughs at 6am. I peered over into the pack & play and he was wide-eyed smiling up at me. {Now this is the way a mommy should be woken up every day in my opinion.} I got him up, changed him, sucked the boogs out of his nose and nestled into his chair to feed him. He feel fast asleep and I was feeling so good from all the sleep I had gotten last night, I decided to make a trip to the gym.

Now this was a great morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)