Image Map

Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 27: What's New...

Due date: November 21st

Baby developments: Little Mango is now the size of an eggplant - this week he weights almost two pounds and is 14 1/2 inches long. His lungs are going through major developments these days, which (combined with the opening of previously plugged nostrils) means he's now able to practice inhaling and exhaling. He's also sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and might even be sucking his fingers! If he's anything like his mama, he will be sucking his fingers, not his thumb.

Weight gain: 1 lb (11 pounds total pregnancy)

Cravings: deja vu anyone? Diet Mt Dew, popcorn and sweets are the big culprit. I'm actually surprised at how little I'm craving chips and cheez-its these days, which used to be a major staple in my diet.

Aversions: not necessarily an aversion, but I haven't been eating tomato soup as often as I usually do. My favorite is Campbell's Old-Fashioned Tomato Rice and I've tried to make it a couple times over the past couple weeks and it didn't go down well.

Symptoms: leg cramps are still getting me at night - I think I'm going to try what worked for my friend, Shauna - a banana and glass of water before bed each night.  And I've been getting backaches more frequently, which I understand will only get worse as I grow bigger. It feels like a pinching in the middle of my back on the right-hand side. He often resides on the right side of my belly so I imagine it has something to do with his choice of real estate.

I can also see my linea nigra coming in beneath my belly button, which is due to pregnancy hormones. These same pregnancy hormones are responsible for some of the new freckles I have as well as my sunspots.

Sleep: I've been sleeping very well and actually it's been tough for me to get up by my alarm at 6am during the work week and I snooze for a half hour to an hour which isn't good.

I miss: fitting into my old clothes and shopping for cloths that aren't dresses. I've stopped into a couple cute boutiques in Omaha and saw some great deals on some dresses and tops, but I couldn't fit into them anymore. My next purchases will be a pair of jeans for fall, a couple new pairs of work pants and some maternity leggings. I'm getting tired of always wearing dresses these days.

I am loving: the most recent gift I received for Cruzer from his Auntie Tessa. She bought these yesterday and they are so dang cute....and little!

Little Man's first crib shoes
I'm spazzing about: missing my appointment with the pediatrician this morning - I really was hoping I would meet her, chat with her and sign her on to take care of Cruz, but because I had to go into work early with the flooding, I wasn't able to make the appointment.

Best moment this week: registering at Time for Baby and spending the WHOLE day with Tessa....just us. It's been a while since it's been just the two of us and it was such a good day.

Milestones: I'm almost in my 3rd trimester! Now THAT is very exciting and I am getting more and more anxious to meet this little guy!

Movement: I continue to feel tons of movement and love touching my belly when he is kicking away. It never, ever gets old.

It's a...: gorgeous little boy.

Exercise: has been good this past week - with the weather getting nicer, my walk/runs have been more enjoyable and it's been good to get Maya out of the house.

Diet: has been ok with the exception of a sweet treat at the end of the day. Those damn Hostess cupcakes are the devil - I've probably only eaten five of these in my whole life and now they are a staple in my diet. What is the deal?!?

Goals for the upcoming week: I'm going to focus on a couple of pregnancy super-foods this week...broccoli, hard boiled eggs and bananas. My blender broke a couple months ago and I've been craving my smoothies - I may have to go buy a new one...

Belly shot:

Belly Bump: 27 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)