Image Map

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

25 Weeks: What's New...

Due date: November 21st - my mom was in town this weekend and we were talking about her staying with me when Little Mango is born...can't wait to have her help because I know I'm going to need it!

Baby developments: Little Mango is now the size of an eggplant and his sense of equilibrium is kicking in - he is starting to distinguish right side up from upside down. He's been feet down since my last ultrasound and I just know that he's pushing against (or kicking) my bladder. He weighs approximately a pound & a half and is about 13 & 1/2 inches long. Plus, he's putting on some baby fat - I can't wait to squeeze those cute little cheeks!

About me this week: my pregnancy hormones are kicking in and making my complexion a bit spotty. I've been using a skin lightening cream on these areas the past couple of weeks - hope it helps...

Weight gain: 0 lbs this week (9 lbs total pregnancy)

Cravings: this week I've definitely been craving diet Mt Dew (trying to mix in CF) and popcorn. I cannot get enough of either - popcorn has definitely become my nightly snack while I'm winding down.

Aversions: none that I can think of.

Symptoms: leg & foot cramps galore so I'm trying to drink the Zico coconut water and eat more bananas (to my friend Heather - I do not like the Zico, even freezing cold!)

I am loving: the nursery - it's finally coming along - I finished painting yesterday and got some of the stuff I'd ordered online in. I can't wait for the big reveal!

Sleep: I've been sleeping well aside from waking up at 3:30am on Wednesday morning and not getting back to sleep and again on Sunday morning at 4am, but fortunately I was able to fall back asleep around 6am. I've also been getting up in the middle of the night at least once to use the restroom, but I'm usually able to get back to sleep soon after.

I miss: nothing that I can think of - this last week was a great pregnancy week. Yes, I am saying that, the person who always complains about those women who "just loved being pregnant!"

I'm spazzing about: registering - I need to get to Time For Baby - my friend Shauna's shop to register and check out some of the items I'm interested in but we can't get our schedules synched. I'm hoping we figure it out soon so I can check that off the list.

Best moment this week: spending time with my mom, two of my sisters and my nieces & nephews on my side on Sunday. The only thing missing from our girls + nephews day were my sister Heather and little DeLaney. We had lunch at "the Breadstick Place" as Dayvaney calls it (Olive Garden) and then did some shopping. Dayvie & Sophie were my shopping partners looking at dresses - they were so cute holding hands and oohing & awing each item they saw - Dayvie's line of the day was "ohhh.myyy.gooosh. Isn't this the most beautiful dress?" to every sparkly and brightly colored frock she could get her hands on! She is definitely my niece.

Milestones: having hit the six month point definitely makes this pregnancy sink in that much more. Only 16 more weeks until we get to meet Cruz and I cannot wait....I hope the time goes quickly but at the same time that we get everything done we need to.

Movement: Little Mango is moving like crazy and I love it! I seriously could feel him moving all day long and not get tired of it. Yesterday Nick & I went to a movie (new Planet of the Apes movie- pretty good!) and he was kicking harder than I've felt him kick before. It was great - this is definitely one of my favorite things about pregnancy.

It's a...: little boy

Exercise: I get so winded these days....walking up flights of stairs, after my workout, youname it. I have been trying to walk/run as often as possible this week and do light arms & legs to keep myself in shape, but I struggle. I can only imagine when I'm 30+ weeks and the belly has grown even bigger how I'm going to feel!

Diet: has been ok, but not great - seems to be the recurring theme in this section...

Goals for the upcoming week: to schedule New Parent classes & hospital tour at Bergan Mercy as well as my pediatrician appointments.

Belly shot:


25 Week Bump

1 comment:

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)