Image Map

Monday, August 15, 2011

26 Weeks: What's New...

Due date: November 21st

Baby developments: Little Mango is the size of an eggplant - he weighs 1 & 2/3 pounds and is 14 inches long. He's soaking up my antibodies - getting his immune system ready for life outside the womb. Little man's eyes are forming and soon he'll be practicing the blink - he now has eyelashes. He is also starting to take breaths too - of amniotic fluid - but it's still great practice for him!

Weight gain: 1 lb (10 lbs total pregnancy)

Cravings: I continue to crave Diet Mt Dew and popcorn....big time.

Aversions: none

Symptoms:  I've had some cramping the last couple of days, which I've self-diagnosed as Round Ligament Pain. It refers to a brief, sharp, stabbing pain or a longer-lasting dull ache in my lower abdomen. The round ligaments surround my uterus and as it grows during pregnancy, the ligaments stretch and thicken to accommodate and support it and it occasionally cause pain.

Leg cramps galore - I've been woken up a couple different times this week with bad leg cramps. Generally it's been my right leg, but Saturday night was the first time it was my left.  I have been eating bananas for some extra potassium since I couldn't suck down the coconut water. There are a couple things they recommend:
  • Take a walk every day.
  • Wear comfortable shoes with plenty of support (oops - definitely not complying with this).
  • Avoid getting too tired.
  • Stay hydrated during the day by drinking water regularly.
I am loving: getting a ton of sleep and being refreshed during the day. I LOVE no hangovers!

Sleep: has definitely been good - besides the leg cramps waking me up and one bathroom break a night. However, I did stay out later than I have in a long time this past weekend - 3am on Friday night and 2am on Saturday night. I was feeling it for sure on Saturday at work and all day yesterday.

I miss: not having to pee 50 times a day like I have been lately. That is definitely why dresses are my friend these days....it makes the process that much quicker!

I'm spazzing about: getting the registry completed. Tessa & I are heading to Kearney on Sunday to hit up Time for Baby and then we will more than likely set one up at Babies R Us or Target as well.

Best moment this week: two great moments this week - 1) hearing Cruz's strong heartbeat this morning in my doctor's appointment and 2) meeting Gavin Rossdale at the Bush M&G Saturday night - love him!

Milestones: this isn't a milestone in the pregnancy or Cruz's development, but I'm pretty impressed that I've refrained from buying up little boy clothes like crazy. Everyone knows I'm a shopper and I've maybe bought three onesies for him so far....props to me!

I did purchase my first two maternity clothing purchases this week - one was a black Liz Lange tank from Target and the other was a pair of Gap Maternity jogging pants - which are mighty comfortable.

Movement: Cruz has been moving around like crazy and I'm loving every minute of it. It seems as though just as I'm getting ready to relax, he is wanting to move around.

It's a...: little guy.

Exercise: still happening about five times a week.

Diet: has been ok this week.

Goals for the upcoming week: well I did knock a couple of things off my to-do list this past week: set up appointments with pediatricians, going to Kearney to set up my registry and registered for Child Preparation and New Parent classes at Bergan. My only goal is to finalize some of the big items (stroller, high chair, rocking chair, etc) while we are in Kearney on Sunday.  Shauna has the stroller I've been eyeing - I can't wait to check it out.

Belly shot:
26 Week baby bump - in my new Maternity jogging pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)