Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Getting My Cleanse On: Day One

On Tuesday, I woke up feeling pumped, excited and just ready to start this little cleanse.

Here is what my day consisted of:

  • 5am - I started the day with hot water and lemon on my way to meet Britt at what has become our regular Tuesday morning workout - Spinning/HIIT class at Sweat, Cycle and Soul. Lydia kicks our asses each morning and I love getting my workout done and doing something different than just running.
  • 7am - halfway through getting ready for work and time for my first juice of the day, Glow. This is the first time I've had it and at first sniff I wasn't excited. The cucumber was evident and this girl is not a fan of cukes, however, after a couple drinks it wasn't too bad. I ended up milking it through my car ride to work.

  • At work the Keurig was calling my name - I saw my regular coffee buddies walking by my office getting their piping hot caffeine fix and I was a bit jealous. Nope. I.Can.Do.This.
  • 9:45am I opened my second juice of the day, Fuel. I have had Fuel before and really like it. I love carrots, although they aren't overpowering, and it's also filled with tons of fruits so it's sweeter and pretty damn good. I had gotten busy at work by this point and actually didn't end up finishing it until 11:45am.
  • At this point, my stomach was growling and I'm just plain hungry for real food. I also had a caffeine headache which was to be expected I suppose when my regular day consists of about three cups of coffee. Plus, I made the mistake of opening my desk drawer for a Kleenex and see a chocolate peanut butter Luna bar. Mmm...chocolate and peanut butter.
  • 12:30pm was time for the third juice, Purify. Don't be mistaken by the pretty reddish pink color, this is not a fruity treat. No way, no how. The dirty beet taste was overpowering and I had to all but chug to finish it, although I only drank about two-thirds. Have I told you I don't like beets very much? Oh, and if that wasn't enough, just as I got over the flavor of beets came the cucumber taste. Definitely my least favorite so far, but manageable.
  • 2:30pm - a co-worker and I had some off property meetings so I had to drink and drive with number four, Fiji. This one had cucumber in it, but I don't know if I was just immune to the taste by this point, but I really didn't taste it. The apple flavor was good in this juice. However, during our drive it seemed we passed every single fast food restaurant in Omaha and all I could think of was pulling off the road and right into the drive-thru. Any food sounded phenomenal at this point.
  • I ended up going home to work the rest of the day after our meetings. This was probably a bad idea because I knew I would be tempted by everything that resided in our pantry and cupboards, but I was already so far out west that it was silly to head back to work.
  • 4:30pm is when I broke down and ate a banana. You know that whole mind over matter thing? Yeah, I don't have that. I needed to put something in my mouth that wasn't liquid (yeah, yeah, insert jokes here). That really seemed to help the light nausea I was feeling, so while I know I broke the rules, I'm glad I did it because it made the rest of the night more bearable.
  • 5pm was time for juice five, Green Supreme. This is another I've had before and one of my faves, so it was easy peasy. Again, the apple flavor in this juice is excellent. However, at this point I was somewhat full - of what, I have no idea - and ended up sharing it with Cruz after he got home. 
  • 6:30pm is dinnertime for Cruz and I knew I couldn't get away with only feeding him Green Supreme, so I was going to have to try my willpower in the kitchen in order to whip him up something to eat. Pasta with marinara probably wasn't the best idea I've ever had considering it's one of my fave dishes, but it was bath night and I like to get him nice and dirty before a bath, so that's what we did. Oh, and I may have accidentally licked some of the sauce off my finger from C's spaghetti...intentionally or unintentionally? I will let you decide.
  • 7:45pm time for a little Vanilla Cloud while Cruz and I were playing and doing laundry. In honor of the glorious, creamy, cinnamon-y taste I let Cruz have a small glass of chocolate milk. This was a great treat and really felt like I was drinking a shake.
  • I ended up going to bed relatively soon after Cruz, being that I would be left alone and to my own devices and didn't trust myself not to have someone watching over me with some accountability.

I definitely didn't drink enough water throughout the day - I'm a slow drinker (unless there is a Corona Light in my hand, that is) and felt I was sipping on so much juice all day that there wasn't time for me to chug down the H2O. I will make sure I do that tomorrow.

Bottom line:
Day one wasn't that bad. Yes, I was hungry. And I really wanted something solid to eat (hence, the banana cheat), but once I kept myself busy it was definitely manageable.

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. mo powa to ya! i could never stick out a cleanse... whomp whomppp


Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)