Image Map

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Quitters

Plain and simple.....there is nothing else to say about it - Nick & I are officially quitters. And what did we quit you may ask? Well, it just so happens we quit our Childbirth Preparation class. Seriously...we quit. I hope you bet the unders if you know us at all....

We started the six week, two-hour a session Childbirth Prep class at Bergan Mercy two weeks ago and this would've been our third class. The classes were ok and I said as long as I learned a thing or two from each night, then it would be worth the time commitment. In the first class, the main takeaway was when I learned that I was having Braxton Hicks contractions - I was finally able to understand the consistent tightening in my stomach. The second class was Labor & Delivery and I learned about different positions to try, the stages of labor, etc, but mostly I just wanted to watch Nick's face as they played the real life labor videos....and it was everything I hoped....the poor guy was so squeamish! Then at the end of each class, we moved to the back of the room and practiced breathing techniques. Everything we did in these two classes seemed to take two hours when it could've been condensed into a half hour each class and we would've gotten the same information from them.

Tonight's class was supposed to be medical intervention and the hospital tour. After she informed us the tour wouldn't be until next week and started the class with the "hee, hee, who" breathing techniques, I decided I couldn't take it anymore. Nick was pretty stoked when I whispered to him that we were going to make up an excuse and leave at break. So we did....(and I got to stop at Dairy Queen for a twist cone as a big thank you!)

Seriously, I think there are good things to the classes and we will still do the hospital tour and the New Parent class, but we will not be going back to the Tuesday classes. There is a lot going on these days and I want to make sure we aren't wasting any of our time unnecessarily. I have to admit I'm pretty impressed with Nick sticking it out for the three classes....I thought he would've talked his way out of them after the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)