Image Map

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Nursery Progress 2.0: The Crib & Curtains

Ahhh...this cute little room continues to come together! On Sunday morning, I put the crib together and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be once I got going (or as Nick put it when I went downstairs to tell him I was done, "well that couldn't have been hard, it didn't take you long.") Um, thanks buddy.


I'm sure anyone watching would've enjoyed watching me balance parts
on my head while screwing together the pieces!
Now I'm eagerly awaiting the custom bedding from Time for Baby. Shauna told me last week that the fabric should be here shortly and then it's off to the seamstress to get it made. I'm hoping to get this by the end of the month - and then I will still need to do a bit of shopping for pillows in the crib (decorative only and will not be in the crib when the baby is in there!) and chair as well as a nice throw for the back of the chair. I figure with the amount of time we will be spending on that thing, I will want to make sure I have everything handy that will help us be as comfortable as possible when we are rocking Little Mango to sleep.

I also picked up the curtain rod I had my eye on and will hopefully get that up this week and then hang the curtains once I've washed and pressed them. First, I want to check them out on the curtain rod to make sure they are "the ones."

'Slowly but surely' is the saying right? Well, I am definitely falling into that camp and taking my sweet ole time on this nursery. I. CAN'T. WAIT. until it's finished...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)