Image Map

Monday, September 5, 2011

29 Weeks: What's New...

Due date:  November 21st

Baby developments:  Little Mango is the size of a squash - weighing 2 1/2 pounds and over 15 inches long. His energy is surging (I definitely can tell this by the crazy kicks & movement!) due to white fat depositing beneath the skin. Since he's growing so fast (his weight will triple by birth) - he's growing cramped in the womb and the kicking and jabs will become more frequent. I say....bring it on baby! When I have been feeling a subtle twitch, it sounds as though Little Man has the hiccups.

Weight gain: 0 lbs this week (14 total pregnancy)

Cravings: popcorn and chocolate

Aversions: honey mustard - and I'm not even that big of a fan of it ever, but thinking about it makes me feel sick. Even typing about it now....ick

Symptoms: as I get bigger, the symptoms definitely increase. Frequent urination (and I mean ALL. THE. TIME.), sharp pain in my lower right abdomen and Little Man continues to shove his foot in my rib which has still been uncomfortable.

Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well, but these days I'm struggling to get up before 7am - and I need to get up before 7am in order to get my workouts in...

I miss: fitting into my clothes and looking like normal. I 100% believe it's worth it and love that I have this little guy in my belly, but it's tough.

I'm spazzing about: the baby websites are telling me to start packing my hospital bag...what?!?! I've got 11 weeks to go - the hospital seems so far away.

Best moment this week: I got the chance to watch my niece DeLaney - she is almost 9 months old and such a gorgeous little girl! It's still hard to believe that my little brother has a baby girl, but he is so good with her and it's fun seeing his little family together. Look at how happy she is:





Milestones: I still can't believe I'm in the 3rd trimester....the due date is inching closer each day and I'm very excited to meet him. It's going to be such a life changer, but so amazing.

Movement: Little Mango is moving like crazy and I am loving it!

Exercise: running was limited due to having a pain in my abdomen, but I walked as much as possible.

Diet: major focus on getting plenty of protein, vitamin C, folic acid, iron and calcium - Little Mango's bones are soaking up the calcium with about 250mg of calcium being deposited in his hardening skeleton each day.

Goals for the upcoming week: put the crib together, get the pics on the walls, finalize curtains - all nursery. I just want to get the room done and that would be major closure.

Belly shot: coming soon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)