Image Map

Monday, September 19, 2011

31 Weeks: What's New...

Due date: 9 (short) weeks away! November 21st

Baby developments:  Little Mango is the size of a squash - he measures over 16 inches and is 3.3 pounds and heading into a growth spurt. This week he's going through major brain and nerve development. His irises now react to light and all five senses are in working order - except he won't pick up any smells since they are transferred through air, not amniotic fluid. He can turn his head from side to side and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as much needed fat is accumulating under the skin.

Weight gain: 0 lbs (14 pounds total pregnancy)

Cravings: grapes, apples, bananas and sweets have been calling to me this week!

Aversions: I've stayed away from meats this week....definitely not feeling them, so I'm trying to make up for the lack of protein with hard boiled eggs, etc.

Symptoms: so I've heard about Braxton Hicks contractions and figured I hadn't had them yet....and then after our first Childbirth Class last week I realized I've been having them for quite some time! I figured if it were a contraction then it would hurt.....actually these bad boys are more of just tightening sensation where my belly gets hard for around 30 seconds or so....too bad real contractions weren't this easy!

Oh and I got this nice little cyst on my face about a month ago....I thought it was going to be a pimple, but then it never came to a head so I finally went to get it checked out. My derm gave me a cortisone shot and thankfully it's going down. If it doesn't I have to get it cut out an I really don't want to do that and risk scarring on my face.

I'm definitely more out of breath than normal during activity (exercise, walking up stairs, etc), obviously due to this little guy growing and taking up room inside me. During exercise that dang Round Ligament Pain has been killing me, causing me to walk more than I can jog.

Sleep: I have still been sleeping well and I feel like at times too much. Regardless of how much sleep I get, I'm tiiiiired.

I miss: I know this has been the common theme, but I would love to be in my skinny jeans and cute tops with boots this fall. The weather is changing and I'm jonesing for these types of clothes. I did buy a pair of maternity skinny jeans, but its definitely not the same.

I am looking forward to: I just want to see this little guy! I had asked my OB about my next ultrasound and she said since he's developing in line and so well that we may not have another ultrasound. That's great because they are expensive, but I would love to see our little guy.

I am loving: I have definitely become a very productive woman these days. I don't waste my time going out (what a fuddy duddy I am!) and it leaves me more time to get things done around the house, baby related or not. Cooking, laundry, cleaning....you name it!

I'm spazzing about: he is going to be here just a few short weeks from now.....I can't believe it and while I can't wait to meet him, I'm getting nervous.

Best moment this week: spending time with Tessa and having her help with the registry was great....its nice to have that completed and checked off the old list!

Movement: Little Mango has been moving like crazy! Whether I'm laying down, sitting at my desk or walking around...which is a great since his moving is a sign that he will be healthy and active.

It's a...: boy

Exercise: I'm thinking I need to head to the gym and start back up on the elliptical so there is less stress on my body versus running outside.

Diet: I threw out all of the junk food and replaced it with good food. I need to make sure I'm eating better because he is eating everything I eat! I'm going to try to make more of an effort at this.

Goals for the upcoming week: nothing of note, but I'm sure I will find plenty to keep me busy. I need to start my hospital checklist and I would like to hang the pics in the nursery. I did get a new nightstand for his room and I love it!!

Mirrored nightstand
Belly shot:
31 Week Baby Bump

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)