Image Map

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Change In Shopping Habits

My how my shopping habits have changed. I used to LOVE shopping for myself...online, in store, where ever I could manage dropping a few dollars on something for me, I'd do it. I loved shopping for clothes, accessories, make-up, hair products, jewelry... you name it. I used to spend hours upon hours on my days off {every week!} in a mall or online just browsing for these little treasures and ultimately would end up buying many of them. I would bask in the glow of my new purchases hanging in my closet with the tags still on them, wondering when I would get to wear them. That was the best feeling....

These days, things are different. And in a major way. Had you told me this would happen in my "BB" days {before baby}, I would've laughed right in your face - I NEVER thought I would trade shopping for myself to shop for my little guy. When I would shop with the sister and she would spend a whole day out in the mall and only end up with packages for the kiddos, I thought that was ridiculous. That would never be me.

Buuut, I cannot tell you the last time I bought something for myself. Well maybe - I think it was early February and I bought a couple of pairs of jeans and a shirt at Express. Early February...as in over a month ago! Are you kidding me?!? No wonder I have the feeling of "I have nothing to wear" every time I walk into my closet. I think I'm going to have to do something about this and soon.

But for now...I'm buying things like this. Aren't these the cutest little socks you've ever seen?!?! Since I haven't had little man in shoes yet {what's the point}, it's an absolute MUST that he has some fun socks. I adore Trumpette's sock line and find myself buying many pairs boxes of these sweet little toe-covers.

Trumpette Skater Johnny Socks
He already had some similar to this in Newborn size -
I loved them so much I knew I had to get them in 6-12 mos!

Trumpette Ka-Pow Socks
Superhero socks...how stinkin' cute!

After my "woe is me" tirade, I must say that I will need to find some free time this week to squeeze in a bit of shopping for myself. After all, there is an absolute need for me to get a great dress for little man's baptism this weekend {yes, already this upcoming weekend} and picking out a dress already hanging in my closet just won't do.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)