Image Map

Friday, May 6, 2011

10 Weeks: What's New....

Due Date: Noveber 27th!!! One day after the epic Iowa Hawkeye versus Nebraska Cornhuskers football game!

Baby Developments: Little Mango is the size of a prune and growing quickly. Bones and cartilage are starting to form and vital organs are beginning to function. The most critical part of Little Mango is complete. If we could take a peek inside the womb, we spot minute details, like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow.

Cravings:  Chicken noodle soup and candy....well pretty much anything sweet! (As I type, I'm sucking down a Sonic Chocolate Shake...)

Aversions:  I continue to get nauseous when I think about chicken nuggets, especially Chik-fil-A. However, I was able to eat hot boneless wings the other day. I'm not entirely sure what it is about chicken nuggets. And for some reason diet pop does not sound good at all. I guess it's not really an aversion, but it is weird. I used to drink A LOT of pop and surprisingly I haven't really missed it.

Symptoms: I've had some "morning" sickness at night but thankfully it's only been sporadic. The first was after a long drive back to Emerson on Easter weekend and then in Atlantic City during a work cocktail party. The worst was last week while we were in New York....after some blue raspberry licorice....it wasn't pleasant! On top of that, my emotions are working in over drive...I cry at everything - commercials, TV shows, stories on the radio...everything! Just this morning it was Al Roker and Ann Curry talking about their mother's on the Today Show.

I am loving:  Being pregnant! I love talking about being pregnant and how I'm feeling with my family & friends. Everyone is so sweet. I especially love when I'm with Tessa's kiddos who seem to be SO excited that I'm having a baby. They have so  many ideas on what we're having, what we should name Little Mango and what we should buy for the baby. So fun!

Sleep: Lots of it. I am ALWAYS tired, but I have been getting plenty of sleep. I'm lacking energy and can't wait until I get through the first trimester when it will supposedly come back. I really hope that's true because I haven't nearly been crossing off my baby to-dos as quickly as I hoped!

I miss:  I missed being able to drink this past week. I was in AC for a work event and at the cocktail party I wasn't able to imbibe with everyone else. I would LOVE a glass of champagne and beer actually sounded great as well! I know everyone says that you can have a drink every now and then, but I would just feel so guilty if god-forbid something happened. Does anyone have any thoughts on this feeling? Am I being ridiculous?

I'm looking forward to: Hitting three healthy months so we can let the world know and then of course a couple weeks later: finding out what we are having! I can't wait to find out if we will be having a little boy or girl. Nick of course wants a boy, but I know he would be extremely excited with either. Plus, that's when the real shopping can begin!

I'm spazzing about:  gaining too much weight, but a surefire way to ensure that doesn't happen more than it should would be to stop eating so much! Thankfully we walked and walked and walked on our NYC trip which helped keep off some of the lbs. We ate so much great food1

Best moment this week: Not only this week, but I am loving waking up every morning without a hangover! I know it sounds like all I used to do in my old life was drink....and while it wasn't ALL I did, drinking was involved in a lot of our outings each weekend. And now, while I miss it a bit, it's s great not wasting a day off with a massive hangover. (I can't believe I'm notating this as my best moment this week!)

It's a...: Too early to know at this point, however, if we go by what an opinionated old Italian woman in New York said last week, then it would be a boy. We were in this shop in Little Italy looking at cute onesies and my mom mentioned we were shopping for my little one and she took one look at me and said, "it's going to be a boy. Look at your face, it's breaking out and it looks drawn. That is how you look when you are having a boy. If you were going to have a girl, you would be glowing." Thanks a lot, lady...

"Not only am I perfect - I'm Italian too"

I LOVE this one!

Exercise:  I've been doing ok actually. I worked out each morning during my trip to Atlantic City and when we were in NYC we walked a ton! With the weather getting better, I'm looking forward to Zorinsky and taking walks with Maya around the neighborhood.

Diet: Ehh...next question.

Goals for the upcoming week: Update my pregnancy to-do list. I need to get on the ball - there is so much left to do and I need to get a move on.

Belly Shot:  It's growing that's for sure. I can't understand how that happens when technically the baby is the size of a prune. A prune is tiny! There should be no belly when the baby is the size of a prune!

10 weeks: Belly shot




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)