Image Map

Friday, April 22, 2011

8 Weeks: What's New...

Due Date:  November 27, 2011

Baby Developments:  Little Mango is the size of a raspberry this week and is growing like crazy. Im reading that even though I can't feel it, baby is moving his/her little arms and legs! I had my first appointment with my doctor this week and had another ultrasound. My next appointment is May 16th and we should be able to hear the heartbeat!

Cravings: if it's fattening, I'm craving it! I swear I am starving all the time and choose to feed my hunger with all the bad things I shouldn't eat....this week alone I've had Mexican, mac & cheese and pizza. Definitely not what I was referring to when last week I said my goal was to eat better.  The light at the end of the tunnel: I can't get enough red apples and bananas. At least I'm balancing my bad eating with a little fruit!

Aversions: Nothing specific this week.

Symptoms: Extremely tired this week. I have turned into an "in bed by 9pm" girl. It will be interesting to see how this change in my sleep schedule affects my ability to hang next week when I'm in Atlantic City for work - a big part of this trip is networking and mingling after dinners at night. I've also been so emotional! I'm generally a fairly emotional person, but it is accelerated by 100% for sure. I'm crying at TV shows, radio stories, a little bit of everything...

I am loving: Sharing what I've been feeling with my mom and sister. They have some good feedback or at the very least are great listeners. I also LOVE when Nick refers to the baby or talks about me being pregnant. I know that deep down he is very excited....just like I am!

Sleep: All.the.time....I am exhausted. I seriously can't understand how I can be so tired all day at work when I am sleeping more than I've slept in so long. They say this lasts for the first trimester, so I guess I've got four weeks left. Hopefully it doesn't impact me on our trip to NYC with my mom and sister, Jen. I want to be able to walk all over my favorite city and not be whiny & tired!

I miss:  Caffeine. I was doing well for so long, but it hit me this week. More than anything I've really wanted a Red Bull. So bad, I know! I did have half a can a couple of days ago and I actually felt guilty....I'm going to try and be better.

I am looking forward to: My 12 week appointment. Then we can tell everyone freely and not have to worry as much. I can't wait until I don't have to hide it...I've almost slipped a couple of times this week.

I'm spazzing about:  Working out. The weather has been horrible this week and all I want to do is run outside. My energy is down so working out has been a struggle.

Best moment this week: Seeing Little Mango in the ultrasound again. It's still hard to believe there's a baby in there.

It's a...:  It's still waaay to early.

Exercise: (refer to "I'm spazzing about") I need to make a pact to work out more. My goal is to continue to stay in shape, plus I need to make sure I'm not the beached whale at Okoboji over the 4th of July weekend!

Diet: Not as good as I would've preferred, but I'm going to make sure that I make a conscious effort to eat better this week. If anything it might only improve my energy level to get some healthy food into my body.

Goals for the upcoming week: Eat better and work out (hmmmm....deja vu anyone?)

Belly shot:

Week 8 Belly Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)