Image Map

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Reading...

So I started out all gung ho to read and research all I could about my pregnancy and what to expect...well, my intentions were good but as I was cleaning up our room tonight I noticed two of the books - "What to Expect When Youre Expecting" and "What to Eat When Youre Expecting" - still sitting on our dresser...untouched.

I actually started reading one of the books, "skinny Bitch: Bun in the Oven," but honestly after the first couple of chapters I lost interest. Some of the information was good and I liked the sarcastic tone, however, the majority was just way too strict. I understand that I need to change certain habits and all that BUT does it really make sense to warn women off milk?!? There was a whole chapter on how humans are the only creatures who drink milk after nursing. I guess that is a valid point, but I definitely don't agree with it and the fact that myself and other people for years & years have been drinking milk and we are all fine! I believe in these books providing information and recommendations but I don't like to feel like I'm reading scare tactics!

So...I guess that's why I haven't kept up on my reading since then...I will get back on the saddle soon, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)