Image Map

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

In Dire Need of Recipes

I'm reaching out to my blogger friends for some ideas for yummy, but healthy meal ideas.

I'm finding that I eat better when my meals are planned {e.g. packing my lunch/mini meals for work rather than trying to eat well at our buffet - no willpower!} and have been doing very well during the work week. BUT that is all ruined when I'm running from a work meeting to get to daycare in time to pick up little man and then I find myself heading home with nothing planned for dinner. As a result, the hubby and I sit around and talk about what we should eat and before we know it it's 8:30pm and we quickly throw something together to appease our growling stomachs.

If you have any healthy recipes that don't involve fish {I hate it, therefore, my hubby doesn't get to eat it at home} and aren't crazy hard to make / take a long time to cook, then post them here! I really want to try some new things and for the sake of my marriage, I think I need to expand my cooking expertise beyond noodles/marinara and grilled chicken.

I'm really hoping I get some great ideas...I know you guys are reading this bad boy, but I rarely hear from you.....and your comments are welcome! :)

3 comments:

  1. I am all over this, I have some really good recipes!! Give me a few days to compile a Mini cookbook for you. I will have you wearing an apron in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy to make salad and delicious. Barbara

    Broccoli Slaw

    1 package Broccoli Slaw
    1 package Broccoli florets – already cut up
    1 tsp. fresh dill – can use dried or fresh
    1 bunch of green onions – chopped
    2-3 handfuls of dry roasted nuts
    ½ btl of 16 oz. slaw dressing or to taste – preferably Marzetti
    3 tbsp sugar
    2-3 handfuls of chow mein noodles

    Combine all ingredients together.
    Can put everything together ahead of time except noodles, peanuts and dressing which should be added right before serving

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan- I want a copy of that mini cookbook :)

    -Brittany

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)