Image Map

Friday, June 22, 2012

Fryin' Up A Hog

There are so many things wrong with this post title...


First off, only a small town, farm girl would use the word "hog." However, I actually did fry up some pig by means of cooking real bacon for the first time EVER last night for my hubby (and, yes, he still stays with me despite my many deficiencies, lack of cooking being one of them). I even had to Google "how to make bacon." Now that's a tad bit embarrassing.

Second, I've never talked so much about pigs and cows as I have today. Cows because there was a hilarious story yesterday regarding an overturned semi (driver was not injured, so it's ok that I call it "hilarious") and it's occupants (e.g.cattle) were loose on the interstate, thus shutting down traffic in Omaha. Seriously, I couldn't make this stuff up.



Third, no one told me just how bad cooking real bacon would smell. The house still smelled of bacon this morning...even though I had all the windows open and sprayed A LOT of air freshener. I guarantee everyone at work today craved bacon whenever I walked past them....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)