Image Map

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Baby Boy: Two Weeks Old


Well...I have been terrible about posting the past couple of weeks. Little Man has been taking up a lot of my time these days, so it's been completely justified. And I have to say, I am loving my life right now...


It's hard to believe that Cruz is already two weeks old! Time has flown and he has changed so much in the past 14 days. We had his 2 week doctor's appointment and he has grown - up to 8lbs 1oz and 20 3/4 inches long. He's been eating well, however, his sleep pattern is sporadic and he seems to be waking up hungry more often during the night - usually every 2-3 hours. His umbilical cord fell off last Wednesday (just in time for his newborn pics) and his little circumcision is fully healed.

My favorite things of the past couple of weeks:
  • I'm loving all of the little noises he makes, especially when he's sleeping. He coos, grunts, sighs and has quick high-pitched cries...so cute!
  • His "smiles" - I love when his lips curl up into a smile. Sometimes it's just one corner of his mouth, but I've also seen some pretty big smiles. While I realize he doesn't intend to smile and it very well could be gas causing them, they absolutely melt my heart.
  • He's discovering his arms and hands and they move like crazy when he's not swaddled. He is constantly touching his face, moving his arms around and clenching his hands into fists.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)