Image Map

Friday, February 28, 2014

Five on Friday {February 28, 2014}

How is it already the last day of February?

This month - shit, this year - have just flown by. At times I want it to slow down, but then others - like this week - I want it to speed by because in a few short days we will be in Mexico. Living like carefree, kidless folk for a few days.

If you need me next week, I will be here.


And I cannot wait. Because if I have to hear the words "polar vortex" any longer, I might just cry.

But for now, it's Friday. And on Fridays I like to talk about five things.

{one}
I ordered this top from Style Lately the other day and I'm loving it. I've paired it with leggings and a cardi, but can't wait to wear it with maxis once it gets nicer. I mean, it will eventually get nicer, right? It just has to.

Style Lately // love top

{two}
I also picked up a new habit. Or I guess you could say picked up an old habit again. A new drive-thru Starbucks opened up on my route to work. It's right outside the one thats inside Target, but of course, I couldn't drag my ass out of the car to get a coffee before, so now it's just oh-so-convenient and I've been stopping in the mornings for a venti cappuccino. Mmmm..coffee.

They also have these asiago pretzel things. Not that I've had one or anything. A warm pretzel covered in asiago cheese? Who would want to eat that for breakfast? Not this girl No, not at all.

{three}
I know some of you joined me in the February Squat Challenge. Today is the last day and we can finally give our legs a little rest! I will admit I was hard core for the first 10 days and then I missed a couple here and there, but I've stayed somewhat on course since then. Today ends it at 250 squats - finished mine this morning and it felt good!

Although I'm pretty sure my back end doesn't look like hers....not sure what gives.



{four}
Thank you all so much for the feedback on my post last Friday about our my new home inspiration and our house hunt. Things are moving along crazy fast and I can't believe I'm going to be a new home owner sometime in the near future.

This week we had house photos taken for our listing, checked out three new homes, had a painter come to give a bid on the house, listed our house and had our three showings.

Makes me think about how much I will miss our place. It may not be much, but it's been little home for the past seven years. And our first home together.





Ok enough reminiscing. Let's be honest, I'm just so excited to get out of here and into a new place. Can I get an AMEN?

{five}
Please don't forget to check out my giveaway! The lovely Joey from Joey Mac Designs was kind enough to offer one item from her shop to one lucky winner and I can't even begin to talk about all of the cute stuff she makes. Like makes herself, with a sewing machine. Crafty people just impress the heck out of me. But get after it, you only have until a couple more days to register - check it out here! Plus, Yellow Mango Life readers get 20% off any order! Just visit her page - and to order send her a PM and the rest is easy peasy.  Good luck!

Have the BEST weekend!

Natasha // Darci // Christina // April

14 comments:

  1. Okay so many things. More than five. But I'll limit for your poor eyes. Your house is decorated like a magazine. Wow. At first I thought you were being facetious showing photos from Pottery Barn and passing them off as your own. So gorgeous. I want to go to that resort. Yesterday. The shirt is adorable. Love the pop of gold. And congrats to you and your ass! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1: SO not fair. I'm going to act like I don't hate you for going to Mexico! Ahh sip a few margaritas for me babe!
    2: I love that LOVE shirt! I would totally but it if I was willing to spend $35 on a T-shirt!
    3: How do your buns look? :-P I'm going to have to attempt this for real for March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh let me clarify, girl - it was on sale for $16 when I got it. I should've mentioned that. Definitely wouldn't pay $35 for it...not in this lifetime! =)

      Delete
  3. Wow I LOVE your house!! Perfect in every way!! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it terrible when starbucks is on the morning drive...my wallet hates me for it :( lol have a fabulous time in mexico! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww your first house...so bittersweet, right?! Also... Want to trade places? I'd love to be going to Mexico. Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is gorgeous! We are most likely moving later this year and as excited as I am, it gets me a little emotional just thinking about it! Love that shirt and looove that you will be in Mexico soon, just a little jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous that you're headed to warmer weather and to MEXICO!! Your house was really decorated very well - you got an eye!!! I am so happy the squat challenge is over - definitely liking the difference :) I might do another one for March :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your house, I wish I had one that nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. im so excited for you guys and your vacation! please IG here and there so that i can be reminded of what the sun looks like!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous of your drive through Starbucks!! Well, maybe it's better that we don't have one...
    I did well on the squat challenge til I was hit with the stomach virus from hell halfway through the month. Maybe I'll try for March??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog! Newest follower! I'm so jealous of your Mexico vacay!!! Take me with you!

    ReplyDelete

  12. When you are in Mexico please have a drink or 3 for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your house is beautiful! I can't wait to see how you decorate the new house.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)