I'm thankful for:
- Our little turkey, Cruz. He has been the most amazing addition to my life and while this week has been tough while he's battling RSV again (I say battling, because this has been by far the worst bout yet), I still love being with him every hour of the day that I am able to. He is growing so quickly and learning so much. Every day brings something new and more things to love about him (if that's possible).
- My hubby, Nick. He is truly the most perfect person for me and makes me better. He is laugh out loud funny, damn handsome, is crazy intelligent, determined to continue to make a name for himself, hard-working, helps me think logically, brings me down when I get out of hand, puts me in my place when I need it, the most amazing father, did I say handsome? I love this guy.
- My immediate family. I love every single minute I get to spend with them and I'm so fortunate to have amazing parents (you will see amazing often, it's my word and best explains really good things), three beautiful sisters, a punk ass little brother who is way taller than me - and I hate to admit it - funnier than me and the cutest nieces and nephews a girl could ever want. I absolutely love every minute I get to spend with all of them and wish it were more often.
- My extended family and family from marriage. I got damn lucky to marry into such a great family. My parent-in-law are too good to me, my SILs & BILs are such a blast and their kiddos are awesome.
- Wine. Need I say more?
- My friends. (Did I just put wine ahead of my friends? This list is in no certain order.) I am a very lucky gal to have some of the best girl and guy pals around. I'm not always the best at picking up a phone or communicating, but whenever I'm with any of them I'm able to pick right up where we left off. That, my friends, is why you rock.
- My health. I have been very fortunate to be a relatively healthy person throughout my life thus far (as has my family & friends overall...knock hard on this wood). I'm thankful that I'm able to run, which has been an area of sanity for me over the past year and especially that I was able to run, outside on this gorgeous day of thanks.
- A great job and co-workers. I lucked out in this department and while work is tough, challenging, frustrating and never-ending, I have been fortunate to be employed by this company and have the opportunities I've been given over the past 9 years.
- Sleeping a couple hours..in a row last night. This week has been a trying one with a very sick kiddo, work and no sleep, so I'm thankful to have gotten more sleep last night than the prior four nights combined. I am actually functioning relatively normal today.
- Blogging and the blog world. Starting this blog has been one of the best things I've done. I've "met" some cool people through blogs and it's been a great release for me. I love being able to document my life so that my family and myself can reflect back on all of the awesome little details one day.
I'm sure I've left many, many things out, but this is as good a start as any.