Image Map

Monday, November 19, 2012

Craft Fair

(If you haven't noticed, I've been MIA around the blog world these days. I haven't been posting, reading or commenting on my favorites. Life has gotten the best of me and that along with a sick little guy, crazy work schedule and a big 1st birthday party - I just haven't had the time. Well, I'm hoping to be back in full force. Let's start with this little gem which was intended to be posted a couple weeks ago.)

A great little tradition that my mom, sister Tessa and I usually partake in around the holidays is the big Craft Fair at the CenturyLink Center in downtown Omaha. I can remember going to this with mom and some of her friends when it was held at the Civic years ago and for the most part we've tried to go every year since I've been out of college and back living in Nebraska.

Unfortunately, Tessa wasn't able to join us this year, but mom and I enlisted a new little shopper to come along. It was a great night...and we've decided that from here on out we will go on the first night every year...the aisles were actually maneuverable with a large stroller and we weren't bumping into people everywhere we went.

I was pumped and ready to find some great, crafty items this year. I swear sometimes it feels that I always leave there with food...ham sticks & cheese curds from Wisconsin, soups, kettle corn. I told myself I was actually going to find something good this year...and I did just that.

I got these really cute framed Christmas pictures - one had the message from The Grinch movie "Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more" and the other says "Baby it's cold outside." Both, of course, were covered in sparkly snow...because I only get sucked into holiday decorations that are waaaay glittery. Mom & I both got a metallic orange wire pumpkin for our front doors. I, of course, got food: ham sticks from the Wisconsin guys, dips from another vendor and yummy soup mixtures from another. I bought a couple of these handmade rattle toys for some friend's babies. I found this great shirt - flowy, burnt orange material with gold stud detail and almost found myself buying yet another leather bomber jacket...and I would've had I not just bought two on my trip to Houston.

Overall it was a great success and we had so much fun. Cruz was excellent and loved that he got to be carried in our arms or the Baby Bjorn while we proceeded to fill his stroller with many great finds. Plus, he got to sample all of the food we did...and this boy is like his mama, he loves to eat!


Look at our loot!

It's unfortunate when your child doesn't fit in their stroller
any more due to the massive amounts of stuff we purchased!

After mom dropped me off at home and took off with little man to our hometown, I got busy unpacking and preparing Bachelorette Party fun for the coming weekend. And what's more fun than "wedding color" Jell-O shots or the fact that you have to sample said Jell-O shots to make sure they taste ok.










1 comment:

  1. fun! i LOVE crafting and try to find one every weekend allll falllll long! went to a HUGE one this past weekend and found a couple of great items!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)