Image Map

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mother's Day 2013



A day set aside to celebrate mothers...and I now get to take part in this day? AND be celebrated by my kiddo and, let's be honest, my husband? Um, hell yes, sign me up.

Approaching Mother's Day this year, I just had to dig out photos from last year and came across this little gem. Oh, my sweet little helmet baby. How I love you so. I really had an amazing first Mother's Day.


This year was no exception. So far I'm 2 for 2 on having kick ass Mother's Days.

The day started off with some me time before anyone was awake and then Cruzer and I cuddled on the couch with coffee, milk and Mickey. Not a bad start to the day at all.

Brunch was at Louie's Wine & Dive (hmmm, I wonder who picked this place) and I was stoked for the all-you-can-drink mimosas (oh yeah, it was me). Food was great and C got time with two of his grandmas, Britt & Mook, "D" (aka Duane) and auntie Jen and Laney. After brunch, half the group parted for the track for some live horse racing and the other half headed to the zoo for a day of walking, great weather and animals.

Surprisingly the zoo wasn't as crazy busy as I thought it would be and I absolutely loved watching Cruz interact like a real, little toddler with his cousin, DeLaney. He was in love! They held hands, shared popcorn, petted the animals, rode the carousel and cruised around in our 2-seat stroller (tested and approved for baby #2...whenever that should occur).

And per the norm, we had to do ice cream after the zoo. Generally we stick with Zesto's which is right outside, but I had planted the seed for eCreamery in Dundee and easily talked my mom and Jen into trekking over there. We got five flavors of ice cream to pass around between all of us (kiddos included) and owned each bowl full. Plus, I got to fulfill my dream of going because eCreamery was on Shark Tank, which is one of my favorite shows ever...and one I can't wait to be on. #mytimewillcome  #ineedaninvention

The day was absolutely perfect. We were missing some of our fave people, but all of us there made the most of it and had the best day.

Now onto a ton of photos. Enjoy!

Grandma Dianne and her littlest babies - DeLaney & Cruz

Kissing cousins....cutest.thing.ever.
I love how Laney is taking charge in that first shot!

Cruz w/ Grandma Carol

First carousel ride - he hated it!
(This smile was before it started moving -
I spent the entire ride holding him)

DeLaney & auntie Jen

My main squeeze

Could this pic be any cuter? The pose, the bird, the face

eCreamery ice creams featured on my fave show, Shark Tank

A day is simply not enough time to thank mamas for all they do. Especially my own. I will never be able to fully explain to her all that she means to me and thank her for all she has done for us.

Mom & I in Little Italy in NYC
We both share a love of NYC and Italian food
Happy day to celebrate the best job on earth!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)