I mean shoot, work will always be there, right?
As soon as we walked out to the truck Saturday morning, C started saying "mee-mee" incessantly - as he does so often these days - which means he wants to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in Nick's truck. The road trip proved to be good for both of us - he got in an episode of Mickey and then took a long nap while I worked all the way down while Nick drove.
When we got down to KC, we went directly to Legends Outlet Mall to have lunch. We tried three restaurants before realizing they were all packed due to an Alzheimer's walk so we ended up at Five Guys burgers, not our first choice, but we all loved the burgers and fries (and, of course, C couldn't get enough of the ketchup!)
|This is his excited face when he spotted the mall|
Don't worry little man....that's how I feel too.
After lunch, Nick headed to Hollywood Casino to play some poker, which is conveniently located in the same location as the mall and our hotel and then Cruz & I went shopping (convenient for us that I didn't have to justify my purchases or listen to him
- Old Navy PJs on major sale for little man - some as cheap as $3.97! - and a couple tanks for me
- Two pair of Converse shoes for Nick and Converse coat on sale for $25
- Nike sandals for C - we had gotten him a pair of Puma but they had the strap between the toe and just didn't seem to be comfy, these will be great
- Nike workout shoes for me - thought they were on sale for $70 but when I checked out they were $23! Major score.
- H&M plaid shorts & a polo for Cruz, a hoodie for Nick and a blazer and jean jacket for me. I absolutely love H&M, but hate that we don't have one in Omaha and you can't shop online.
- A Nike short/shirt set and three iKat print pillows for our living room at TJ Maxx
- And, of course, KC Royals t-shirts/tank for the three of us. We had to represent at the game.
|Playing in the fountain|
|We went down the dark blue one with him...seriously.|
|Dada and his boy|
|Story time before the booty shaking started|
|Mama & C dance party|
Then it was off to bed to rest up before his first - of many - pro baseball games the next day. I wish I could say he slept like a champ, but that first night was one of the worst sleeping experiences we've ever had with him....well, I mean he slept, but we didn't. Between him refusing to sleep in his pack & play and then switching between our beds. Yes, we literally slept in separate beds that night to try and wrangle this little no sleep monster. Again, have I told how my vacations have changed - I'm generally not sleeping in a different bed from my hubs.
|Spoiled little man refusing to sleep|