Image Map

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Yet Another Weekend Post

Yep, it's Wednesday and I'm just recapping our weekend.

Partly because my weekend didn't end until Monday night (yay to having two days off this week!) and partly because I've been lazy and feeling under the weather.

But when weekends look this good - babies and blue topless trucks - why wouldn't you want to savor it?


And does it seem to anyone else that weekend posts are taking over this little ole blog? I think that just means we're having a damn good summer. And I don't want it to end...ever. It's about this time every year that I say this to myself, yet do I do anything about it and move down South. Nope. Because I love what we have here in Nebraska. Our family and most of our friends all within a very reasonable driving distance. You just can't beat that.

Now onto the weekend...

Friday
Darius Rucker at Stir Cove.  4,000 drinking, partying, country-listening folk in one outdoor venue. I was just jealous I was working and not enjoying myself like everyone else.


Saturday
After a long day of golf for Nick and work for me, we loaded the car for Emerson - a six pack for him and a great country play list for me. Our plans to hang with the Lynch's were curtailed once we got home and they were asleep, so we headed into town and met my parents for beers and Fireball shots at Skinny's. I absolutely love being home. Seeing old friends, reminiscing, having drinks with mom & dad...some of my favorite times.

Well it didn't take me long to catch up with everyone else...and after they shouted out last call, Nick and I headed home, drove past the house and down to the farm. He loved seeing the cows (like father, like son) and then we thought it would be a great idea to climb around in the Fuchser semi. (Totally not what you think.) I love getting the chance to tell Nick stories about what it was like growing up on the farm (man, I sound so country!) and that night was no exception.


Sunday
We planned a Sunday Funday with mom and her girls (aka all her daughters) AND all of her grandkiddos (minus Blaker). Lunch at Napoli's, kiddos playing in Tahazouka Park, cocktails on Jen's new patio and meeting the guys at the golf course after the Father-Son tournament.


Any weekend that involves my family...and I suppose some cocktails...is an amazing one.

What did you do this weekend?



2 comments:

  1. i have no idea what day it is or what i did yesterday let alone the weekend. BUT i love all your country talk posts! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya...hard to keep up with this crazy thing we call life! :) So do I...I miss our country life!

      Delete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)