Image Map

Friday, September 6, 2013

Love Lately: Fall, Hair & Weddings

Don't you hate it when you have so many things to blog about, but you just can't find the time to put pen to paper fingers to keyboard? Well here are some things I've been loving up on lately.

{ONE}
If you know me, you know I'm hot and cold with holiday/seasonal decor. While I love the way the house looks all dressed up, I don't love the work that goes into it. Lazy? I think so. But for some reason I've been all about prepping for fall. I'm working on the inside, but a little change on the outside were these guys. Orange and a little bit crazy.  I just love the way they look!

{TWO}
And fall also means that Halloween is coming soon. Whether or not we are having our annual - minus the past two years - Halloween party remains unknown, but my mind is racing with costume ideas.  The one problem... I don't know how I'm going to find a costume cuter than little man's from last year. I guess if there is anything I like, it's a challenge. Is he not the cutest nerd EVER?


{THREE}
And what else do I love? A notification like this. $40 credit to Zulily - you know this is going to go to good use and be spent quickly. When I told the hubby? He asked if this would cover the cost of the five Zulily packages that have shown up on our doorstep over that past two weeks. Um, not so much, but nice thought.



{FOUR}
 A new hair color - I had a hair appointment last night and made the decision to go dark. I've went dark once before. Back then I was looking for a change and Nick thought it would be like having a new wife around the house (um, not sure how I should feel about that). Well I went really dark, didn't like it and lightened it a tad. Didn't love that either, so after a couple months I went back to blonde.

Here we are again, I felt I needed a change, plus my hair was feeling so dang dry from the constant highlights that I needed to do something to let it get back to healthy. Enter dark hair. I like it. I think I do. No, I really do. Let's just say the verdict is still out. But I do love the way Ricky styled it. Now if only he could replicate this for me every day.



{FIVE}
Not only did I get a new hair color, but I got a new hair color the night before a close friend's wedding weekend. Probably not my brightest moment. Instead of easing myself and others into the new color, I'm just ripping the band-aid right off and jumping in. Why not!

But our two friends are getting married this weekend and I couldn't be happier for them, nor more excited to spend the entire weekend with some of our favorite people. Ryan has been in our lives basically as long as I've known Nick and Laura is newer to the mix but fits in perfectly with our crew. I'm so happy for them and can't wait to see this beautiful couple tie the knot. Plus, I get to spend two full days with my guys...and have I told you about Cruz's dance moves lately? Kid cuts a mean rug!

Below is the print I made for Laura's bridal shower and I love how it turned out.



Linking up with the girls for Five on Friday. Have a great weekend everyone! I know I will!

22 comments:

  1. Found your blog on the link up! Your little boy is darling! Love the nerd costume!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by! Checked yours out and have to say I love the name Paisley! Looking forward to keeping up with you all!

      Delete
  2. Ooo I'm loving that color! I've been platinum blonde forever and am too much of a wuss to go dark or red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why thanks! I have to say it's super hard going so drastic but I'm enjoying it so far. We will see after a couple days! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. You are SO gorgeous and your hair is BEAUTIFUL. I love the new look.

    It's my first time coming by your blog and yep, I'm sold ;) Hope to talk to you soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet! Getting used to the new look - swinging by your blog now! ;)

      Delete
  4. Found your blog on Five on Friday! THat hair color is beautiful!
    -Morgan
    www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I just checked out your blog and will def be around more... Congrats on baby #3 by the way!

      Delete
  5. Love your hair color!

    And lets talk about your little man! That costume is to-die-for-cute / hilarious! You're right...don't know how you're gonna top it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a lot of work ahead of me on the costume front! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Are you actually jumping on the I LOVE FALL bandwagon???? Wooohoooo!!! Welcome, we have been waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Can you believe it's taken me this long?!? I'm pretty excited about it actually :)

      Delete
  7. First time by the blog, love your hair & that little nerd of yours! Too cute!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking us out! Swung by yours...love your little girl's name and she is just too cute!

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to see the hair in person! And zulilly credit- exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have I totally made you a Zulily addict, Carly? Besides social media, Zulily and Hautelook are on my must-check list each morning.

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh, your little one is so cute in his Halloween costume! And the hair looks great, I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love how cute he looked as a nerd! And thanks! It's definitely a big change, but I'm getting used to it!

      Delete
  10. Love your hair color! So pretty :) just found your blog - love it so far!! Hope you're having a great wknd!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your hair & our little nerd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still getting used to the hair, but liking it more every day. I know...I am at a loss on his costume for this year!!

      Delete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)