Image Map

Friday, June 13, 2014

Five Reasons I Suck at Blogging

Well, hey there.

No you're not dreaming, I'm actually blogging. Yes, me. The girl who tried so hard for a long time to be a thrice weekly blogger only to let work and life get in the way and in turn let the blog suffer. 

It's sucked. I've missed it. And you guys.

Eh, that's the way it goes, I guess. 

I figured while I was sitting shotgun en route to a little weekend getaway to Kansas City with my two fave guys that I would fill you in on why I've been the worst blogger in the world.

{ONE}
It's summertime. Sweet ole summertime. The sun is out longer which means Cruz and I have to make the most of it. There has been no time to sit around indoors on my laptop writing out blog posts when there are softball games to attend, sidewalks that need chalking, trees to be trimmed and ice cream trucks to track down.



{TWO}
I know it's always my excuse but work has been crazy. I took a new job and I'm handling marketing for our properties in Iowa and Kansas City as well as working with a new team in Vegas. Which has meant two trips to KC and a week in Vegas in the past three weeks. And while a week in Vegas may sound nice, trust me, this old mama isn't cut out for that life anymore.


{THREE}
Fancifying our house has also taken priority. I feel like our home is in major disarray but I'm loving all the improvements we've been making. It's just all the time spent scouring furniture shops in town and on the internet, it takes a lot out of a girl, ya know? #firstworldproblems

{FOUR}
And the shenanigans haven't only happened outside. We've been finding many ways to pass the time indoors too.



{FIVE}
You know what hasn't kept me away from blogging? Working out, that's what. Unfortunately the travel and working and fun in the sun takes priority. At least that's my excuse. I need to wipe the dust off my running shoes. 

Linking up with the Five on Friday gals!


9 comments:

  1. Summer is definitely a valid excuse for not blogging. Too much other great stuff to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello there! I've missed you, but I blame you not at all. Sounds like you've been having a terribly awesome time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!! Seems like you have been having fun and have good excuses! Enjoy your wknd girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I don't blame you! You have a lot going on! Enjoy the summertime and we will still be here whenever you do get the chance to blog :) Hope you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!! Welcome back :) I totally understand how it goes with work. While I don't travel for work, I feel like I am ALWAYS there and that leaves no time for fun. Happy to "see" you again! And congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new job. I have missed your keeping up with you guys.

    Barbara Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always envious of people who get to do some traveling with work... but I'm sure it can get old/tiring after awhile too! Take me to Vegas on your next trip?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have a bout 50 reasons why i suck at blogging, aint no shame! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been having the itch to do stuff around the house too - love seeing the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)