Image Map

Monday, July 29, 2013

Nothing Short Of An Amazing Weekend

Another weekend in the books and a great one at that. I have to admit, there was A LOT of drinking. Loads. Like that's all I did the past three days. Well that and spent some time with some pretty amazing people.

Friday
After work I met up with Angie and Austin at Berry & Rye downtown, an eclectic drink menu with a lot of flair behind the bar. My bestie from high school in my town? Hooray! This bar used to be called, Myth...the place I told my mom I was knocked up (ahh, the memories). We had a couple of drinks and then I headed to meet Nick & Cruz at Tony & Marcy's BBQ. Following  a couple glasses of wine, I was done for. Fortunately Nick had taken it easy and drove his light-weight wifey home.

This was the Trinidad Smoke. The most amazing presentation of a drink ever. You uncorked the wood chip smoked bourbon and poured it over the sphere of ice. I would generally say "and enjoy" but there was no enjoying this drink. It looked crazy good, but it didn't taste that way. Well, it wasn't my thing.


Saturday
With Cruzer as my date, we picked up Angie & Austin and took off for Lincoln for a high school friend's wedding. We met up with mom & dad as soon as we got into town. Of course, the bride was gorgeous, the day was absolutely beautiful and the drinks were flowing. Pre-reception cocktails at The Bar (yes, that was the establishment's fine name), photo booth, dinner and dancing at the Rococo Theater, retiring my babe with my parents after he lit up the dance floor all night, back to The Bar for more drinks and the dunk tank, spending a full day with my bestie & her man and then 3am pizza & breadsticks at some local grease pit. A.really.great.day.


Sunday
Just when I thought the weekend couldn't get any better, fast forward to Sunday where I planned a day full of activities for Jill and I to belatedly celebrate her birthday. Prior to C man, she was my Sunday Funday regular and I hate to admit that I can't remember the last time she and I partied like rockstars, just her and I...it's been that long.

We started with brunch at Louie's Wine Dive where the bottomless mimosas were flowing and then headed to Chill Body for pedicures and gossip, err girl talk. The highlight of the day - well there were TONS of highlights actually - was surprising her with showing off our mad paint skills at The Corky Canvas - where you learn to paint a picture WHILE drinking your guts out. We have been talking about checking this place out and I knew this would be the perfect day. Ah-freaking-mazing. I would so do it again in a heartbeat.

After our artistic awesomeness, we headed to the patio at Johnny's for a couple dirty martinis and caprese and then over to Kona where we wound down with some sake bombs. Jill had nev-ah had one. Say what?!


Why are good times always that much better with good cocktails?

Until next time!


2 comments:

  1. bottomless mimosas yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They WERE delicious! And so were the dirty martinis, Stella, sake bombs.... :)

      Delete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)