Image Map

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Getting My Cleanse On: Day Two

So...yeah. Um this right here is what my "lunch meeting" looked like at work today.


Are you kidding me?

Anywho...

Day 2:
I woke up Wednesday morning feeling good...not how I expected. I expected a growling stomach and a growling Katie rampaging the house for some food. And I really thought I would have taken up sleep walking over night and wake up to find myself hands deep in a bag of baked Doritos. But that didn't happen either. Maybe I do have a tad bit of willpower.

And although my wake up time was 4:36am, I felt rested and alert. I jumped on the scale, not because I've been trying to lose weight with this cleanse, but I was curious and have wanted to share my entire experience because I know some people do them to lose weight. I was down 0.9 lbs from the prior morning. Nothing earth shattering.

I cracked open my first drink of the day at 6:50am after a glass of hot water and lemon. I'm not going to go through all the dirty details of the day, but to give an idea of how I felt. I completed the first drink on my ride to work, but the rest of the day I found myself having trouble finishing the entire bottle of the rest of the juices. I also found myself drinking more hot decaf tea with lemon throughout the day.

Lunch was a bit difficult (did you see the picture above??). If you know me, you know I can clear out a bread basket like no other. Seeing that bread basket and the yummy cake staring at me as I was chugging down the Purify juice was not easy. I'm proud to say I didn't cave one bit.

Once I got back to work from lunch, my hunger took over. And I'm not sure what it was about the afternoon - I must be a snacker - but I caved again and ate a peach. I needed something of substance and that did the trick.

I worked straight up until 7:15pm and then had to rush to a day care appointment to meet Nick & Cruz. On the way I sucked down part of my Vanilla Cloud and almost finished it on the way home. After taking care of some work emails, I called it a night.

How I felt:
  • Tired - I had many yawning spells throughout the day and seemed more tired than usual despite how I felt early in the morning.
  • Hungry - I definitely had hunger spells. My stomach growled loudly but really only when I didn't get to my juice on time because of a meeting, etc. I think if I would've been better at sticking to my timeline and finished the entire bottle, I wouldn't have felt this way.
  • Jealous - Nick was at home with Cruz all day and took him to lunch at La Mesa (my fave Mexican restaurant) - of course he had to send me pictures. Really?! And then later that night after an appointment with a prospective day care, he stopped at Firehouse Subs (my fave sandwich shop) for those two AND I had to feed Cruz his sandwich. I may have muttered some angry words under my breath at that point. Did he not realize how unfair that was? :)
  • Tempted - I think I walked over to my pantry no less than 10 times when I got home. Looking for what, I don't know. Or better yet, why? I don't know that either. I would walk over, open the door, take a look, shut the door. Repeat. 
  • Clean - I feel differently inside. Just good. Clean. I can tell that I haven't been filling my body with junk - Coffeemate in my coffee, complex carbs, junk food, wine. That is the best part of this whole experience. Well, that and the fact that I haven't caved yet and binged on a box of donuts.

All in the day was not bad. I'm proud of myself for sticking with it and happy with the way I feel. I don't notice dewy skin or a silky, shiny hair that I've read some people experience, but let's be honest, my skin is already a bit oily and my hair is drier than a bird's nest. I don't think a fifty day cleanse could help that.

2 comments:

  1. Alright dirty details!!! Bathroom stops???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not one on the first day...can you believe it? You know me and you know that's not normal! :)

      Delete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to share some love =)